2017 JKU Big Bear - Stock to Overland Build

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
More to come but did manage to get a few of the shots edited!
6yK5YJJ.jpg

SetLSKH.jpg

4bwpL24.jpg

2ATdU4v.jpg

n7PbUoR.jpg

PaL7AOi.jpg

tXNldi6.jpg

2rsF33f.jpg

OkKFCDU.jpg

hmksfAe.jpg

AMVe5Ek.jpg

d7ceJSG.jpg

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
I would love to have a rubi, but being overseas if I wanted to bring the Jeep home I pretty much had to buy brand new. Eventually its going to get lifted 4", upgrade the gears, 35s etc etc so when it came down to it I would LOVE to have one but I would rather have the extra cash for all the mods that have gone on in the past few months. Tent up top is not cheap 3500USD plus the 1k+ roof rack. and most of the reason I wanted the Jeep was to camp out of it for photography so I guess the rubi option just was not in the budget sadly. My Big bear is essentially a Willys with how I have its options setup and I got the body color hard top due to it being an option for the BB package and that was a big want for styling. (ya its a lot of cash for looks but I am a photographer so what do you expect!)

TL/DR Cost. I could fully option out a BB and have 8-10k for mods after putting down 6k or I could drive a bone stock rubi around for 2 years while I get some cash together for mods.

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
3195Kx3.jpg

Well I finished my Alps trip about 2 weeks ago. 9 Days 8 Countries and 3k miles of pure greatness. Not alot of dirt to be found but an amazing road trip and due to the weather it wasn't nearly as boring! over 5k images taken and just got my first cull down to 7-800 so will be doing the rest of the edits now expect a big post like the N Coast 500 one in the coming weeks! However to hold yall off here are the rest of the shots from the Snowdonia trip.
rOn9CWA.jpg

thT96Sh.jpg

D77egrr.jpg

2qAFWZ6.jpg

o9DhCWa.jpg

jAg59qN.jpg

LLG0az3.jpg

HeJqWYC.jpg

KLe7ljF.jpg

HYDyUoM.jpg

M3mEMjT.jpg

2tyPwSa.jpg

7fZo6QK.jpg

xkaOOwL.jpg

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
Well still working on the Alps photos. Had to push them back as I just hit Strata Florida Lane with the bugout wales guys again!
xXarBqP.jpg

Snorkel and ARB Breathers were installed for this trip and I was more than relieved I spent the money and got them installed, with water up onto the hood or "bonnet" in some spots on the lane I am confident the Jeep would not have been able to do it without those bits of kit.

Some other shots from the trip!
D1BGlAL.jpg

Qk3yrFp.jpg

ASwd2Dn.jpg

lfTP4qW.jpg

Cao1fip.jpg

gTmVX5a.jpg

KxpuXnT.jpg

t54nlpf.jpg

hE6LgYN.jpg

^Tom is a member as well! Awesome guy, wish he could make the Nordkapp trip with me..
gzIBqh4.jpg

uCq3dxr.jpg

mac214

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. I was in Okinawa for a couple years (‘12-‘14) and would have loved to have a Jeep out there with a follow-on assignment to Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eternus

Observer
These all look like magazine shots! You might have something to do when you retire from the military.

I'm really loving the shots of a JK in the UK alongside all of these traditional Landys, nice to see the Jeep getting international representation.

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. I was in Okinawa for a couple years (‘12-‘14) and would have loved to have a Jeep out there with a follow-on assignment to Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were out there at overlapping times, Would love to have the Jeep out there for sure.. Small world man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles