2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

Yuke

Adventurer
I think he is talking about dan grecs style. It has a larger opening. There is not any type of extended sleeping platform. It is still the same size sleeping area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am aware. I just haven't see pricing on that option...

rubicon91

Explorer
I think he is talking about dan grecs style. It has a larger opening. There is not any type of extended sleeping platform. It is still the same size sleeping area.

I am aware. I just haven't see pricing on that option...
You won't see pricing online. Need to discuss with John at Ursa over the phone.

Dotar

The opening in my J30 is pretty much the same as Dan’s and yes the price was higher. It’s quite a bit more work for the crew in Chula Vista and I’ve read the option isn’t available while developing the top for the JL.

rubicon91

Explorer
It has been a while since I've updated this thread. Lots of changes since I got back from my trip out west. I added an AEV heat reduction hood and snorkel. I also added the camp kitchen 2.0 drawer system and 60% delete from goose gear. The jeep will also be in the goose gear booth at Overland Expo East so if you are there come by and say hi.
aa6f6663ddb61bf03d3854cad7d52cf7.jpg
591a880b3aad6eeddc8dc6997262e141.jpg
23617c6d94e551fc6f32f3fc90e4f76d.jpg
c7c13c599d528edf506963bdd0f33401.jpg
bde0169d9c13f5f33af29f131a12067a.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
I was able to get out to Fisheating Creek Outpost this past weekend for their Celebrate the Creek day. It is the only weekend before Expo East I can get out and I wanted to see how the new setup worked. I love it. I have to get used to it and figure out if I want to add any type of insert. I may try and make some. Trekpak is out I reached out to them by email for some assistance after being overwhelmed with all the options on their website. For the price that they charge you would think they would have no issues but their response basically said to go to the website and figure out what pelican case works best and use the trekpak associated with it. So I will not support them if they cannot help out even a tad. I know there are some DIY write ups here. I just had not had any time to check them out yet so that may be an option still.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If you're bringing that snake to Expo East I'm glad your Jeep will be at the other end of the show from mine! :)

rubicon91

Explorer
If you're bringing that snake to Expo East I'm glad your Jeep will be at the other end of the show from mine! :)

hahaha why does everyone that sees this photo have an issue with the snake. LOL btw you notice how I am only holding 1 half of the snake made sure that damn thing was not completely wrapped around me lol!!!

Clawhammer

Adventurer
?? I guess you do not back the blue huh?

Nah, never had much of an interest in bootlicking.

But with that aside, I honestly don't think it fits with the overall look you've got going on. You've got a lot of clean sharp lines and fairly open areas of neutral color that lend to a sort of minimalist aesthetic, but then the decal seems busy by comparison and so it clashes. Partially it's the color (there's no blue, or even white anywhere else on your Jeep) but it's also the size of the stripes and stars compared to the openings in the grill.

rubicon91

Explorer
Nah, never had much of an interest in bootlicking.

But with that aside, I honestly don't think it fits with the overall look you've got going on. You've got a lot of clean sharp lines and fairly open areas of neutral color that lend to a sort of minimalist aesthetic, but then the decal seems busy by comparison and so it clashes. Partially it's the color (there's no blue, or even white anywhere else on your Jeep) but it's also the size of the stripes and stars compared to the openings in the grill.

Bootlicking ********!!!! I love showing my support and knowing there are people like you out there that hate it and sound like a total tool when they comment about it!! Thank you.

As far as my grill wrap is concerned there is not any white in it by the way. It is as close a color match to the Jeep Gobi as I can get. I understand I do not have any other blue on the Jeep however I do not have any other red on the Jeep either to go with my tow hooks. Guess I should look at removing those as well? I do appreciate that my Jeep is not for everyone. Not sure why you could not have wrote why you didn't like the grill in your first post instead of leaving a stupid cryptic message. Anyways thank you for your opinion on the grill. Everyone is entitled to theirs. I disagree with it and since well it is my Jeep it is not going anywhere! And this is the first negative comment about the grill online or in person in the 18 months it has been on the Jeep.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Adventurer
Not sure why you're so aggro... maybe lay off the Monster, dude. You've got well-equipped (and pretty sharp looking) Jeep there. It's just that it would look a lot better without the propaganda. You're right about the tow hooks though, a coat of black paint or powdercoat would look cleaner.

rubicon91

Explorer
Not sure why you're so aggro... maybe lay off the Monster, dude. You've got well-equipped (and pretty sharp looking) Jeep there. It's just that it would look a lot better without the propaganda. You're right about the tow hooks though, a coat of black paint or powdercoat would look cleaner.

Seriously find someone else's thread to go bother. Your 3 posts here have not been needed. Aggro not at all. I just hate people who have nothing positive to say about anything and that was your first comment coming in. Have a wonderful day and it would be awesome if you just went elsewhere :)

Clawhammer

Adventurer
All right dude, didn't know you couldn't handle a little constructive criticism. I guess I'll head on out of here and give you your safe space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles