2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

MattJ

Adventurer
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a question for any experts out there:

Is there any way I can use the top half of the LOD wheel mount and cargo/propane/water rack system with my AEV bumper? Could a skilled welder/machinist make this work with a quick fix that is structurally sound? Or is this major surgery and stupid expensive?

y4mEDlobID5f5jTkC-hRvE_Gqo5_dEy5gMVUwA31FoXJj6R5RG__FaYA3FHLo5jlfp9HHbWuylM_EfHgTPb373HG5GCJcuw_BpkTZ20n8syDfG1P2EhIEzrHtWDeUGlG5rupBEZ0UXzau3J_JUg2lqazB-q4jGlMAU4NL1xt1oTOWvb-KA0C216w8tju-16K3LcMMa_XEthlVbWDaJR62L81g

y4mULORfvGpN8pu9uqttfptArV94M2S4XmtT_GmoiDFO-UASoy_cbDRvJAsTWLfCtXTLd-rRN28hzR4K3VEErPrOwQWWwJJEJ5bHfZ5W6z8Mkq_OVPsWTvBAQE1TpxkcxyjErMk_GJeU55MbT-jDThGeSIptXE5Gb2gr6KGk7j-8xZHAwHzoO92ATpRyqxaaBEtX85ov11hhxc-TJ6issWLMw

rubicon91

Explorer
Probably be a major pita but I am sure you could do it. Here are a few pics of the back side of the tire carrier for you.
bc4841ffe340ea4db372bce3adc3bab0.jpg
6ae93635b14cebafe8142c1ecb7ab1e8.jpg
8c36193b2f12ad53aa55fbc70d3b9a43.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Yesterday I finally received delivery of my Ursa Minor J30. I ordered mid October and the wait is finally over. I was not sure if I was going to get the top yesterday or not. Tracking had it sitting in Orlando since Tuesday and when I called on Wednesday they told me it was due to be picked up late that night and head down to Ft Myers. However it would be slim to no chance of delivery Thursday. Told me to call back after 9am on Thursday and they could give me a better idea. So I called at 903 yesterday and they put me on hold to check on the package. When they got back on the line they informed me it was out for delivery and was next to be dropped off. ******!!!! I had the box go to my buddies 4x4 shop so I quickly called them to update and I had to strip my soft top off the Jeep. Did that in record time and off I drove the 30 mins south to get the top. The truck was already there when I pulled up and the box was being lowered off the truck. I missed the fun part of having to hook a winch to the box since the trucks pallet jack would not move it. After it got off the truck the fun began. Having to unscrew about 100 or so screws to open the box. I took a lot of photos so I will post some of them here next. I could not be happier was a long day yesterday but I now have my J30. I will be taking off for a 1 nighter this weekend to try it out. Pics to come

Last edited:

MattJ

Adventurer
Looks great - I'm sure you're eager for the field test! Please post some pictures of the interior when you get a chance. Can you leave the Goose Gear plate, fridge slide and all other gear in the cargo area? Or does that configuration need to change? And (sorry for the simple question) - does the J30 sleep two adults or just one?

rubicon91

Explorer
Looks great - I'm sure you're eager for the field test! Please post some pictures of the interior when you get a chance. Can you leave the Goose Gear plate, fridge slide and all other gear in the cargo area? Or does that configuration need to change? And (sorry for the simple question) - does the J30 sleep two adults or just one?

MattJ thank you! Yes I can leave all that in the rear. Actually removed everything to ensure a nice easy or at least as easy as possible install. I had to remove the side cubbies anyways so for ease I took it all out. I am currently putting everything back in the rear of the Jeep. Only thing I really have left to add at the moment is the TF cargo rack. Super clean look now. I did in my haste loose an anchor for one of the screws for the side cubby. I will have to get a new one but that will be another day. You can see in the picture the missing screw. Here are some shots from this am.

Attachments

• 20180209_103932.jpg
    20180209_103932.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180209_103943.jpg
    20180209_103943.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 68

rubicon91

Explorer
Knew I forgot to answer 1 question for you Mattj. It sleeps 2 up top slapping area is width of the jeep. I will get some photos tomorrow of the upper section.

rubicon91

Explorer
Headed out to meet a friend at fisheating creek wma for a night of camping. Had to get at least 1 night out of it right away. I was a tour guide today felt like i gave a tour every hour on the hour lol. Didnt mind it at all to be honest.
d63e5e7fdc75d86d381023c9d16bafb4.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Right On! :victory:

Looks perfect on your Jeep. So now that you've had a night to "sleep on it" (pardon the bad pun ;)), what are your plans to fit it out for your type of use?
Fans?
Lighting?
Interior mods?

Sure like how much additional room in the front with the newer style of hinges. :)

rubicon91

Explorer
Right On! :victory:

Looks perfect on your Jeep. So now that you've had a night to "sleep on it" (pardon the bad pun ;)), what are your plans to fit it out for your type of use?
Fans?
Lighting?
Interior mods?

Sure like how much additional room in the front with the newer style of hinges. :)
Thanks Scott. So I have a fan already however I will probably look at something different on that front. I think I am going to get a nice Kelty or equivalent sleeping bag and 2 small pillows to leave up there. I already have 2 led reading lights and a led dome light. Outside that I am not sure. It was great to finally get a night in it since I started this decision in mid October. Also some other ideas I was thinking about doing with the Jeep I dont need now. Next I need to focus on some recovery and additional skids for my big june trip to Moab and CO. Well after I add a 1 inch spacer to the rear to offset the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke