2017 JEEP WRANGLER PICKUP TRUCK....probably....possibly...maybe...

GFA

Adventurer
That is definitely true, although I think the bigger factor is that the dimensions of all the expected JL variants need to be similar so they can all use the same assembly line.

As excited as I am for a Diesel Wrangler pick up, I expect that it will be a 2 door extended cab with a short bed and cost $4-5000 than a similar Pentastar equipped JL so probably not really and option for me for both reasons.

Hopefully gas mileage will be way up with an upgraded Pentastar, 8 speed transmission, and improved aerodynamics on all versions.

I also wish they would offer a totally stripped model with deleted carpet and sprayed in liner.

I can't see them only doing a 2door xtra cab truck. 4 doors is what the masses wants, whether it's a jeep or truck. In fact, I'd be surprised if they even offer a 2dr truck.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
A pickup would have a longer wheelbase and would not have as much articulation as a jeep can in order to allow load carrying capacity - so it would be less than a jk or jku even.

It sounds like some sources are saying they will offer a Jeep pickup - not necessarily a jeep wrangler pickup...

Sigh... Well if that's the case I better start saving up to get a Brute from AEV. Lol

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am out if theres not 4 door option. My suburban and F150 will leave the stable if they release a 4 door Jeep truck. I would nock down 2 more rigs from my stable, and have a 3 jeep family then. Happy!

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Just as a quick update... From what I'm reading it the pickup will be Wrangler based. If the truck comes in 4 doors, has straight axles front and rear, has a wheel base of 130" or less and offers the sway bar disconnect I'd be tempted to sell my Tacoma for one. I don't care if the suspension is on leafs or coils... I can work with either.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/its-official-jeep-wrangler-pickup-is-coming-in-2017/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...74/jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-coming-in-2017/

OCD Overland

Explorer
I think it's almost a given that it will be built on a Ram frame. Remember that the new line they're building at the Jeep plant is going to be used initially for Ram production while the Ram plant itself is being retooled. It makes sense that instead of retooling the new Jeep line only a year after they build it that they'd just keep that in place and put a more Jeep-like body on it along with the typical Jeep suspension goodies.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Down sized Power Wagon with Wrangler clothes... Sounds cool to me! :beer:
That truck is a beast (in a good way :)), off road.

How awesome would it be for the Dodge boys to get the same platform decked out as a Dakota! Like the similarities between the Durango and Grand Cherokee.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just as a quick update... From what I'm reading it the pickup will be Wrangler based. If the truck comes in 4 doors, has straight axles front and rear, has a wheel base of 130" or less and offers the sway bar disconnect I'd be tempted to sell my Tacoma for one. I don't care if the suspension is on leafs or coils... I can work with either.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/its-official-jeep-wrangler-pickup-is-coming-in-2017/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...74/jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-coming-in-2017/

For sale. one taco!

Tekel

I picked up a 2016 JKU to replace my 98 XJ a few days after this announcement. With Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge track record lately, I have VERY little faith in the first year, or 2 or even 3 of this new body style. I have a feeling we will be seeing a LOT of issues and recalls.

goodcat8

Observer
I picked up a 2016 JKU to replace my 98 XJ a few days after this announcement. With Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge track record lately, I have VERY little faith in the first year, or 2 or even 3 of this new body style. I have a feeling we will be seeing a LOT of issues and recalls.

Did you come across any discount on the 16 due to an upcoming new model? I suspect a lot of Jeep buyers are unaware of the upcoming model change so it might not play any role in negotiations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior