2017 JEEP WRANGLER PICKUP TRUCK....probably....possibly...maybe...

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
So if the pickup is "late 2017" (I assume 2018 Model Year) will the new wrangler be much sooner than that ?- and possibly 2017 model year?

-Dan

goodcat8

Observer
Yall are all wrong. I found a leaked pic of it
Fiat-Mitsubishi-L200-155.jpg

This is what frightens and scares me....

harv3589

Adventurer
If it the style of that green truck, a person would be better off with a Tacoma I think....that would definitely be my choice over the fiat thing

gfiero

Adventurer
I started a thread on the Africa, hoping to get some information, reading this gives some hope as the pickup measurements would I believe also be about the Africa's. Also if they add the pickup it would seem to be a good idea to share the upsized (we can hope) chassis with another model to share production and development cost. But having owned a Fiat 124 Syder I am fearful of the execution.

kayadog

Adventurer
The Fiat pick up shown above is a Fiat Fullback, a new mid size pick up, and has nothing to do with any Wrangler. It is a rebadged Mitsubishi Triton. I would expect Ram to come out with something similar to compete with the Colorado and Tacoma, but I don't think it will be styled like that.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Since the new Jeep truck won't have the off road prowess of the Wrangler, all it really needs is a resemblance to the Wrangler in looks.
That opens the door to doing a Grand Wagoneer off the same platform. Which then opens the door for an Africa Spec Grand Wagooner. :victory:

That could be awesome! :beer:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Since the new Jeep truck won't have the off road prowess of the Wrangler, all it really needs is a resemblance to the Wrangler in looks.
That opens the door to doing a Grand Wagoneer off the same platform. Which then opens the door for an Africa Spec Grand Wagooner. :victory:

That could be awesome! :beer:

Why wouldn't it be as good as the wrangler off-road? Isn't the pickup going to based on the wrangler platform?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
A pickup would have a longer wheelbase and would not have as much articulation as a jeep can in order to allow load carrying capacity - so it would be less than a jk or jku even.

It sounds like some sources are saying they will offer a Jeep pickup - not necessarily a jeep wrangler pickup...

goodcat8

Observer
A pickup would have a longer wheelbase and would not have as much articulation as a jeep can in order to allow load carrying capacity - so it would be less than a jk or jku even.

It sounds like some sources are saying they will offer a Jeep pickup - not necessarily a jeep wrangler pickup...

+1 on this. That's the vibe I'm getting. Every mention of the project says a "Jeep" pickup. Not sure if I've seen mention of a "Wrangler" pickup.

kayadog

Adventurer
Everything I have read, mostly on Allpar, says that it will be based on the JL Wrangler Unlimited and will be very similar in size due to assembly line constraints, and will probably have a diesel option, just like the JL.

lysol

Explorer
Everything I have read, mostly on Allpar, says that it will be based on the JL Wrangler Unlimited and will be very similar in size due to assembly line constraints, and will probably have a diesel option, just like the JL.

It would be cheaper to use some/most of the same parts as the Wrangler. Look at the Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee. They share a lot of parts.

kayadog

Adventurer
That is definitely true, although I think the bigger factor is that the dimensions of all the expected JL variants need to be similar so they can all use the same assembly line.

As excited as I am for a Diesel Wrangler pick up, I expect that it will be a 2 door extended cab with a short bed and cost $4-5000 than a similar Pentastar equipped JL so probably not really and option for me for both reasons.

Hopefully gas mileage will be way up with an upgraded Pentastar, 8 speed transmission, and improved aerodynamics on all versions.

I also wish they would offer a totally stripped model with deleted carpet and sprayed in liner.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

Exactly! :beer:

The Africa would have similar requirements. So it's a natural fit... hopefully. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior