2017 #IceRoadRally - One last frigid adventure on the Mackenzie River!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
As some of you already know, this winter is the last chance we have to drive the ice road from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk. In April there will be a new permanent road between these isolated communities north of the Arctic Circle, and life will be forever altered there.

inuvik.jpg

On March 8th, we will be leaving from the Bay Area and drive up to all the way to WhiteHorse, and from there to Inuvik and beyond. I was hoping to organize another rally similar to what I did in 2012 with the Maya Rally but unfortunately life events and time constraints have stopped me from doing it...so at this point it will be Chris Collard (Overland Journal Editor) and myself doing the drive on the ice road.

Chris is leaving tomorrow with his wife from Grass Valley, CA, and I will meet up with them along the way.

We have a very special vehicle for this adventure - and it's not a Land Cruiser or a Land Rover...more on that soon...

:)

Arctic.jpg

I realize that this is very last minute, but if anyone wants to join us, that would be awesome!
We plan to be in WhiteHorse on March 15t at the latest.

Stay tuned for more!

Cayenne-958-TDI

Wish we could join y'all. 'Otis' our Cayenne diesel will not make it out of the shop in time. We made it as far as Coldfoot last year as part of the ALCAN 5000 Rally. A group tried to get to Tuk on 1 March this year but the road was closed due to snow drifts. Here is a screen shot of 'Otis' from the attached ALCAN 5000 video:
Nitto - ALCAN 5000.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGrwgW3aKA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94