2017 Four Wheel Camper Swift Chicago Illinois

mph

Expedition Leader
How did you like the Powerwagon/Four Wheel Camper setup? Overall impressions? What kind of mileage are you getting with the setup? Thanks for your thoughts!

GLWS:).

Reactions: FMF

FMF

Adventurer
How did you like the Powerwagon/Four Wheel Camper setup? Overall impressions? What kind of mileage are you getting with the setup? Thanks for your thoughts!

GLWS:).

After a few modifications it's a great setup! We get between 11-15 mpg with the camper on which is slightly better than the Tacoma got. Click the link below to read about why we med the switch from the Tacoma to a Power Wagon. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.lonestaradventurer.com/power-wagon

FMF

Adventurer
Price drop 21,500

We will be at Expo East in the American Adventurist booth if you would like to come check out the camper.

FMF

Adventurer
Does the fridge and forced air work on propane or otherwise work when not plugin to shore power?

The fridge is a very efficient 2way, it can be powered by the 12v battery or it will automatically switch over when plugged it. The fridge does not run off propane. As for the forced air furnace it does work of propane to generate the heat and 12v to force the hot air into the camper.

Xrunner

Explorer
Does a Tacoma need to have a flat bed for this to work?

No, the Swift works great on a 5' Tacoma regular (non-flat) bed truck. It will work on the 6' was well and IIRC you can close the tailgate.

FWC makes a nifty internal bed mount for both the 5' and 6' Tacos. Mine is a 5' DCSB:
swift_wy_Fotor.jpg

T-Rey1

Adventurer
No, the Swift works great on a 5' Tacoma regular (non-flat) bed truck. It will work on the 6' was well and IIRC you can close the tailgate.

FWC makes a nifty internal bed mount for both the 5' and 6' Tacos. Mine is a 5' DCSB:
View attachment 487285

View attachment 487285

Thanks. Does the antenna still get satellite reception covered like that? Mine is a 17 DCSB

Xrunner

Explorer
Thanks. Does the antenna still get satellite reception covered like that? Mine is a 17 DCSB

Not consistently on my truck... the XM will work occasionally but cuts in and out.

Navigation/GPS seems to work fine though from my limited use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles