2017 Ford F150 (not too crazy and not too sparse = just right)

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Which light mount is that? I've been trying to find one I like for my '18, and that one's perfect.

noreserve

Nice looking truck! I fully agree on the just right part - at risk of stealing your thread, I had the same priorities when building my F150 out. 2016 5.0 FX4 with Boss front and rear, wheels, tires, and a rack / tent set up. So far we've gotten quite a bit off the beaten path from California to South Carolina and everywhere in between and it's worked awesome. RCIs are on the list if we move back out west, as is a power solution / fridge some day. Otherwise, I don't need much else of anything. Good looking truck!

I know that I'm quite concerned about not having any decent sliders on mine. It will prevent me from going on anything much past a mild trail. I'm looking at RCI steps/sliders. The long wheelbase on the SuperCrew leaves us with a lot of body to damage. I wish the RCI steps/sliders also bolted to the frame and were even more than 11 gauge, but that's a lot better than the chrome steps from the factory. RCI has a video on their Instagram page of a guy jumping on those versus theirs - big difference. I'll also go with the RCI skid plates to help there, as the FX4 package ones are flimsy. We just don't have a lot of offerings to choose from. As I mentioned above, there just isn't much out there for the full size trucks in terms of roof racks, sliders, etc. Ford doesn't help things by not having factory mounting points for these things.

broncograveyard

The F150 is a great platform for overlanding, especially in North America where the roads/trails tend to be larger than in Europe. The F150's only keep getting more fuel efficient and user friendly as well.

D

Deleted member 9101

I just picked up a 2018 with the 2.7. Love that little engine so far.

If ya wanna have a little fun... do a "full boost launch" if you want to have a lot of fun, turn off the traction control and advancetrack before you do it ?

(Make sure you are in a big parking lot or back road somewhere)

Rippin'AV

Adventurer
Great setup you have there! Similar to what I have planned for mine in the future. Love the truck. Cheers, AV

DzlToy

Explorer
RBA said:
I've seen F150 "built" in two fashions on this site. Either a full blown better then a Raptor with upper and lower control arms which requires new body panels or basic shock upgrades and a few other accessories. Allow me to present option 3. A built up 2017 F150 that addresses several issues without going overboard (in my humble opinion).

Baja, National Luna and Leitner Designs, all make top notch products.

P.S. Replace 'then' with 'than'. A conjunction is a word that connects two clauses or coordinates words in the same clause. Than is a conjunction used to introduce the second part of an unequal comparison. It also introduces the rejected choice in expressions of preference, e.g. "better than a Raptor..."

DzlToy

Explorer
Yes, and I will correct yours too. 'Anyways', is the informal, non-standard form of 'anyway'; the latter is proper English, while the former is not. :D

RBA last posted in this thread on July 11th, 2018, which was approximately 18 months ago.
Hopefully he will chime in with a trip report or two, along with any changes or updates that have been made in the last 18 months. :D

Just having a laugh, guys. I will delete it if the OP doesn't want it in here.

Cheers

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yes, and I will correct yours too. 'Anyways', is the informal, non-standard form of 'anyway'; the latter is proper English, while the former is not. :D

RBA last posted in this thread on July 11th, 2018, which was approximately 18 months ago.
Hopefully he will chime in with a trip report or two, along with any changes or updates that have been made in the last 18 months. :D

Just having a laugh, guys. I will delete it if the OP doesn't want it in here.

Cheers
I sea were your coming from. Badder english a noise me two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles