2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
What do the new UCA’s get you? Better alignment?
Better alignment, improved caster, stronger than OEM, more travel. It also slightly relocates the ball joint after a lift to correct the suspension geometry. After a while the OEM balljoints with the stress of the lift and handling heavy 315 tires, will likely degrade overtime.

Necessary? Not technically right now...but 25% off black friday deal for high quality suspension components... sign me up. I love a good deal and hate paying retail for anything.

joseadventures

dirthead
Better alignment, improved caster, stronger than OEM, more travel. It also slightly relocates the ball joint after a lift to correct the suspension geometry. After a while the OEM balljoints with the stress of the lift and handling heavy 315 tires, will likely degrade overtime.

Necessary? Not technically right now...but 25% off black friday deal for high quality suspension components... sign me up. I love a good deal and hate paying retail for anything.

Yeah, I've been considering UCA upgrade for those same reasons. Did you order from stage3 or somewhere else?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I thoroughly enjoy talking trucks and parts as well. I feel my sister doesn't like coming over for dinner anymore because me and her husband, also an F150 guy only talk to eachother about trucks lol. He's a lurker on here and still hasn't done a build tread but his truck is awesome.

Are you still in San Diego or did you get stationed somewhere else?

I suckered in one of my friends to overland on his PCS from San Diego to Virginia. His wife was thrilled. I have a few people at work that I talk to about this kind of stuff, but I quickly realize that I'm way more into it than most of them are. Sometimes its because the overlap of our interests in the offroad community is only by a fringe. Its fun to talk to them for sure, but here I feel like the venn diagram of interest overlap is basically a circle.

I'm still out in San Diego. I'm negotiating for another base in the Southeast, I'm cool with the location but not thrilled with the command so I've been trying to gentle corral him into giving me something a bit more.... high speed.

.... @badmotofing3r talked me into it, ICON was always on my list and the margs made it happen lol.

So uh thats not me.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guessing 'thrilled' was sarcasm....

20180412-QPVEoMRax6jlxcBMvL1h

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Tapatalk is not letting me upload photos right now and it is annoying because I have some things to show you guys.
Do you have the big gas tank on your truck? I’m not seeing the big tank on the f150’s or the ram 1500s I’ve looked at.

Yes I do. It's been hard swiping the card twice just to fill up.

What does your fuel economy look like? I have to 2.7L ecoboost with the 36 gallon tank. My truck with all the gear loaded for a trip (RTT included) and a mountain bike on the receiver hitch traveling between 70-75mph I get about 17.4MPG...

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Been working on a bit of a project on the truck for the last month. Heading out to AB this weekend so put it into overdrive and got it done.

In maybe July I bought a pair of Diode Dynamic SS5 lights from a fellow member for a great deal so I couldn’t pass it up. I had no idea what I was going to do with them but thought whatever I’ll figure it out.

I had been wanting to put lights in my bumper for a while but was intimidated by cutting the plastic and making a perfect fit so stalled for a good long time on it. Saw a guy with a 2015 f150 at work and noticed his bumper insert piece had square openings and it clicked from there. So I
Bought a new plastic insert piece for an eco boost engine on Amazon with the thought of fitting lights in the open slots since I don’t need the extra air flow like an EB does. Here was my thought (sideways pic)

7ebffb871abe82c99fff8958dfeeacd0.jpg

After a month of toying with ideas on how to mount. I finally made a cardboard template and just went with it. Got some 1/8 aluminum and cut my bracket and then bolted some 1/8 aluminum angle iron to it.

6a238394c174fa904a5e477da209602d.jpg

I bought a splitter harness from diode to connect all 3 thinking I knew what I was doing but of course didn’t and didn’t buy enough. Had been wanting to learn how to wire lights better so I basically cut open the harness and copied it twice so I’d have enough to put them together. Wired the power wire to my aux beam controller and they all worked.

5e4a9fc996fe2bc470437b6dc7264cbe.jpg

I now have a bumper full of diode dynamic lights and love them. I personally like the look of my Baja Design lights more for exterior mounted but I like the lens of diode more. The quality of the housing, wiring and connectors is far superior to BD which I was surprised to find. In all I’m stoked for how this came out and even more stoked I did it 100% by myself and was able to do it while I was home from work sick with a cold. The lights are bright to say the least lol

Pic with all my lights on.

b6bd34ae805adffae457ba411c7a4b23.jpg

How she sits now and I think it looks so awesome
d4f164d27ddb62f6b6d9123f0a7aae2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Yes I do. It's been hard swiping the card twice just to fill up.

What does your fuel economy look like? I have to 2.7L ecoboost with the 36 gallon tank. My truck with all the gear loaded for a trip (RTT included) and a mountain bike on the receiver hitch traveling between 70-75mph I get about 17.4MPG...

I'm at 12 MPG right now. The large majority of my driving is for my commute which is 20 mins each way. Morning is moderate traffic. Evening is half freeway speed and half thick traffic. When I road trip I get around 16MPG. I also have the 5.0, 4:56 gears and 35 inch tires.

ricoisme26

I'm at 12 MPG right now. The large majority of my driving is for my commute which is 20 mins each way. Morning is moderate traffic. Evening is half freeway speed and half thick traffic. When I road trip I get around 16MPG. I also have the 5.0, 4:56 gears and 35 inch tires.
would you go with 4.56s again or would you try 4.10s? I'm currently stock in a 2012 f150 but looking at 35s and 4.10s in the future.

For reference my truck currently has 3.55s, which can make it a bit of a dog hauling but are fine empty, 4.10s ont he 35s would equate to 3.83 with stock tires, i think that should be plenty but wanted to hear your thoughts on the 4.56s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles