2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
What do the new UCA’s get you? Better alignment?
Better alignment, improved caster, stronger than OEM, more travel. It also slightly relocates the ball joint after a lift to correct the suspension geometry. After a while the OEM balljoints with the stress of the lift and handling heavy 315 tires, will likely degrade overtime.

Necessary? Not technically right now...but 25% off black friday deal for high quality suspension components... sign me up. I love a good deal and hate paying retail for anything.

joseadventures

dirthead
Better alignment, improved caster, stronger than OEM, more travel. It also slightly relocates the ball joint after a lift to correct the suspension geometry. After a while the OEM balljoints with the stress of the lift and handling heavy 315 tires, will likely degrade overtime.

Necessary? Not technically right now...but 25% off black friday deal for high quality suspension components... sign me up. I love a good deal and hate paying retail for anything.
Yeah, I've been considering UCA upgrade for those same reasons. Did you order from stage3 or somewhere else?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I thoroughly enjoy talking trucks and parts as well. I feel my sister doesn't like coming over for dinner anymore because me and her husband, also an F150 guy only talk to eachother about trucks lol. He's a lurker on here and still hasn't done a build tread but his truck is awesome.

Are you still in San Diego or did you get stationed somewhere else?
I suckered in one of my friends to overland on his PCS from San Diego to Virginia. His wife was thrilled. I have a few people at work that I talk to about this kind of stuff, but I quickly realize that I'm way more into it than most of them are. Sometimes its because the overlap of our interests in the offroad community is only by a fringe. Its fun to talk to them for sure, but here I feel like the venn diagram of interest overlap is basically a circle.

I'm still out in San Diego. I'm negotiating for another base in the Southeast, I'm cool with the location but not thrilled with the command so I've been trying to gentle corral him into giving me something a bit more.... high speed.

.... @badmotofing3r talked me into it, ICON was always on my list and the margs made it happen lol.
So uh thats not me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricjames81