2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

D

Deleted member 9101

Thanks!

Yes, I am on 35's. Fits by about an 1/8 inch. 99% sure the gear ratio I have is 3.31 and I am getting 13MPG right now with the 5.0 engine.

i was getting 17MPG prior the the tires so have been looking into FORSCAN to correct the shifting because it's not right and bothers me how much it bogs down.

Forscan will easily fix it. I used it when I changed tire sizes and gear ratios. Worked out perferctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Hey everyone, been pretty quiet on here the past few months. No real updates on the truck. Been busy moving and using the truck as trucks are meant to be used. Lumber runs, dump runs, loading it with a yard of gravel, towing my enclosed trailer, etc. A new house means tons of work and fun.

I’ve also been prepping for the arrival of the newest Ford fan. Baby girl is due in about a month so I imagine things will be even slower regarding any mods to the truck or any awesome camping trips.

We got the car seat recently so took some time today to clean out all the leftover moving and renovation crap from my back seat of my truck and got it ready for the back seat resident.

Also took the time to reorganize all the the miscellaneous stuff we tent to keep in our trucks. And yes, there’s a lid and it is secured into position.

0b6bd39717707c1d40e0747cc5b49b3e.jpg

bdef75a20bd479803935845a86da9b56.jpg

Coming soon to a Ford truck near you.

Times certainly are changing for me and my wife. Our traveling and doing whatever whenever lifestyle will be changing for the next awesome chapter of our lives and I can’t wait.

I’m also excited to get this little princess and all the rugrats after her hooked on camping, off-roading and heading to Baja.

IRISH

Also picked up some 2020 Raptor "beadlock" take offs for a great price. They have maybe 5k miles on them. I have to get the front suspension installed before I can get these mounted. Also will have to get some TPMS and get them inflated, etc- Luckily there is a discount tire right down the street from me.

I absolutely love the look of these wheels and get all giddy inside when I think of what this truck will look like once done.
View attachment 625688
what rack is this? looks like it can accommodate a tool box? Congratulations on the little one.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Hey guys! Long time no post. Been quite the 2nd half of the year. Our Baby girl surprised us a few weeks early so that threw a wrench in our plans but she’s healthy and happy. Being a dad is pretty awesome!

Few things have been added to Walter white since I last posted. I got a RTT from a fellow F150 enthusiast and it’s a total game changer. It’s an MIA Overland tent. Hadn’t heard of them before but the guy I bought it from got it from the manufacturer and it was a floor model. He sold his truck shortly after and hadn’t slept in it so I basically got a brand new RTT for a great price.

I upgraded my fog lights to the diode dynamic housing replacement kit and wow what a difference. I got the amber color because of all the harsh weather we have here in San Diego and if you’re an overlander you need SOME amber somewhere, right?

Up next came a GMRS radio from Midland. I got the MXT275 and it’s a sexy little unit. All the controls and mic are on the mic and the Control box is small that it fit right inside the console and blends right in. Been used on a few trips, works very well and it is compatible with midland walkie talkies.

I bought myself some Baja Designs XL pros along with a aux beam switch panel for power them. Have not installed either of them yet but plan to for the future. I might return the XL lights and go with the squadron pros since they’re smaller and attract less attention but still undecided.

Lastly, I took off all the STX decals and it looks so much better without them. Did a nice full inside and out detail when I removed the decals and it’s been nice having a clean truck.

I’ve been on a few overnight trips to Anza Borrego with groups, my brother and did one solo trip which was quite lovely. Also did an elk hunt in AZ which didn’t yield any meat but we shot some dove and some ducks and I spent 4 quality days with my very good friend and college roommate by a campfire.

Life is good.

Pics coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
What is the beam pattern like on those diode dynamics?
The beam pattern is their "SAE Fog/Wide" pattern. The are adjustable up/down. I them angled down in the pic but have since angled them up a little more and it throws out a ton of light. Really lights up the far driver and pass sides. I went on a road trip with my wife and baby girl to palm springs for a getaway and we got in at night and they were really bright in the dark desert and we only found our room number because of them lol. Love them so far and I like the look of them too.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Looks fantastic with the stickers removed. I've considered doing it many times, and I still cant bring myself to actually do it.

hour

Observer
Did you ever do the Forscan speedo correction? I didn't even think about shift points being messed up, didn't notice it when I went to 35's.. just recalibrated for speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles