2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

phsycle

Adventurer
None of the KO2’s I’ve had ever had balancing issues. Maybe it was a bad batch.

Compared to my old KO’s, they seem to perform as well or better.

One thing I like about the KO2’s. It’s the only A/T tire where the company has the balls to say aired-down trail running is ok.

1612569021122.png

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
None of the KO2’s I’ve had ever had balancing issues. Maybe it was a bad batch.

Compared to my old KO’s, they seem to perform as well or better.

One thing I like about the KO2’s. It’s the only A/T tire where the company has the balls to say aired-down trail running is ok.

View attachment 640562
It's possible they were a bad batch, but I've never had a set of tires wear so poorly, and like the op, I could never get them balanced.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Gentlemen, my problems are solved. Went driving at 75 and 80 with no issues at all. Smooth and quiet I feel like I’m in my grandpas Buick. I paid the price for buying used tires but I don’t really care, I still have the best OEM wheels Ford has ever made. Problem is fixed and the money is gone so why cry about it.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped me!

Now I can finally get to doing more with and to the truck. First step is some amber lenses for my fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Gentlemen, my problems are solved. Went driving at 75 and 80 with no issues at all. Smooth and quiet I feel like I’m in my grandpas Buick. I paid the price for buying used tires but I don’t really care, I still have the best OEM wheels Ford has ever made. Problem is fixed and the money is gone so why cry about it.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped me!

Now I can finally get to doing more with and to the truck. First step is some amber lenses for my fog lights.

That is a bold statement (pun intended) so I had to go back and look at them. I would agree with you if it wasn't for all the crap along the edge of the rim. I like them to be more smooth.

On Dec 3 you indicated you got the wheel installed. Wow that was a long two months to get resolved. What a relief for you!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
bc1e39ec39192e43ef85c29d6bcb4414.jpg

New shoes and some elbow grease goes a long way these puppies.

Detailed the inside and the wheels/tires this weekend. Soooo much dog hair it’s unbelievable.

c9d00945fe4de3f140223887c0f5bc2e.jpg

ITTOG

bc1e39ec39192e43ef85c29d6bcb4414.jpg

New shoes and some elbow grease goes a long way these puppies.

Detailed the inside and the wheels/tires this weekend. Soooo much dog hair it’s unbelievable.

c9d00945fe4de3f140223887c0f5bc2e.jpg

I need to do that. Too much dirt and mud from my last trip in the woods.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Hey Friends-

Been doing some travelling and working from home so have not done much truck related lately.

I'm looking for a tuner of some type. Don't want anything custom- More so just looking for one that will help my trans shift better, help correct my speedo since I have 35's and just give me a little better performance. I know a lot of people love SCT X4 tuners. I also love the edge insight and the visuals it gives you while being able to monitor all temps etc.

Wondering what you guys have done or heard of.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Hey Friends-

Been doing some travelling and working from home so have not done much truck related lately.

I'm looking for a tuner of some type. Don't want anything custom- More so just looking for one that will help my trans shift better, help correct my speedo since I have 35's and just give me a little better performance. I know a lot of people love SCT X4 tuners. I also love the edge insight and the visuals it gives you while being able to monitor all temps etc.

SVC might be able to help you out. They did a bunch of tuning for the Raptor. I have no idea what they offer for the EB, but they're only about an hour north of us and may be worth a shot.

D

Deleted member 9101

Hey Friends-

Never, never, never go with a "canned tune." Always go the custom route. They don't cost much more and every single thing about a custom tune is better.

You can correct your speedo using Forscan.

I used an nGauge on my truck, unfortunately they are no longer being made.

I used Brew City Boost for my tuning. They are a great shop with an exemplary reputation and excellent customer service.

What ever you do, don't use SSI.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Took a fun little trip to the Otay Mountains by the border and found some cool stuff. What started as five F150s turned into 50 vehicles of all types. Far too many vehicles for the trail we were on but it was nice being able to meet some new people, explore something new and get my truck dirty.

2822d52cf11fb8d2b9cad00f433f6c06.jpg

cf19c2d1970d1a2cae87e7a4c8be1f22.jpg

6863822d2a434f814872679cc100fc55.jpg

5e8d749891ff35762f183fd5dcc58530.jpg

There is a viewpoint on the trail and a little hike takes you to some awesome and creepy WWII bunkers and look out spots. This is the only appropriate pic I got that doesn’t have bad things graffiti all over. There was one down the trail more that had about 8 rooms and was huge. Crazy to think some 18 year old in the 40’s was stationed there looking out for us. I love the history the military has in San Diego.
55f21ebb8477964f8d25c2a81bda73e1.jpg

2af78bde0a285d9b7d6cf2d0ea29ec58.jpg

I left around 130 for some things I had to do but shortly after I left the group found a huge mud pit and everyone got dirty. Kinda bummed I missed out but also not bummed with the 3+ hours everyone had to put in cleaning their trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior