2017 Chevrolet Express Quigley 4x4 van 86k miles 6.0 V8

Vandy Halen

For sale is the pictured 2017 Chevrolet Express LT 3500 4x4 passenger van. 4WD conversion done by Quigley. I purchased it from the original owner in Texas in March 2021 with 77000 miles. It currently has 86000 miles. Previous owner used it to drive between his homes in Texas and Montana. I drove it 2500 miles back to Oregon after buying it and have since completed the following.

Check out @ 4x4boogievan on instagram for more pictures and to see the entire build of it.

• 2 inch Traxda lift installed by Traxda at their shop in Tucson. 3/21
• Brand new Method racing wheels and 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers 5/21.
• Alignment after lift and wheels/tires completed in 6/21
• Custom rack and ladder with offroad lights by AJ’s 4x4 vans 5/21 https://www.ajs4x4vans.com/

As an LT model passenger van, it’s about as “loaded” from the factory as you can get in one of these vans with the “preferred equipment group”. Remote keyless entry and remote start, carpeting, 150 amp alternator, auxiliary lighting, 6.0L vortec V8, locking rear differential, rear parking camera, cruise control, HD trailering package, electric trailer brakes, power seats, rear window defrost, cold climate package, auxiliary transmission cooler. The previous owner also installed rear airbags/compressor with a remote control up front to raise and lower the rear as needed. It also has a “Ram Mount” base installed so you can use your Ipad or even a laptop up front. Very cool feature. The previous owner also installed a center console from what I think is a Silverado truck. It looks factory and has tons of storage and cupholders. Again, if someone wanted to remove it, its easy to do.

• Aluminess front bumper. This thing is awesome and has a large lockable storage compartment for gear or you can install a winch. https://www.aluminess.com/products/...2-express-savana-2500-3500/?page=1&vid=140423

• Weldtech rear swingaway bumper. As much as I dig Aluminess gear, how this bumper works is better. https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/wtd-chevrolet-express-predator-dual-swing-rear-bumper-2/

• Backwoods Adventure mods rear storage box. Very solid. https://backwoodsadventuremods.com/collections/all-storage/products/cabinet-box-30x15x24-aluminum

• Fox 2.0 Shocks installed on all corners 7/22 https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...el=Silverado+3500+HD&year=2017&position=Front

• Sumo Springs front bump stops. These things are awesome and made a big difference in ride smoothness. https://www.superspringsinternational.com/products/

If you aren’t familiar with Quigley, Chevrolet and Ford only utilize them to do their 4x4 conversions and they honor the factory warranty if Quigley did the work. https://www.quigley4x4.com/products/gm/

I had a full inspection done in Texas 3/21 prior to purchasing it and driving it 2500 miles home. I have that receipt and they found absolutely nothing of concern anywhere. Not even a burned out bulb or a single drip, saying it was one of the cleanest vehicles they’d ever seen.

I wanted to make it usable to transport passengers and also for camping, while not permanently altering it too much. I documented everything from the purchase up until now on the Instagram page 4x4boogievan so you can see it's history since I’ve owned it.

I removed the carpet from just behind the front cab area all the way to the rear of the van and installed an insulated subfloor. The entire inside of the van ceiling, floor, and walls have been covered with sound deadening “Killmat”. This made a huge difference in reducing road noise. The ceiling also has 3m sound deadening insulation it as well. This is way quieter inside while driving than it was stock, but its also nice when you are parked and sleeping.

I mounted the rear slide out and steel bed frame to the subfloor. I maintained the floor mounts for the 2nd row seat as well so the van can be used as just a 2-seat camping rig or you can easily put the bench seat back in and bring along two more. The bed was placed at the current height because there is 6 feet from rear side window to rear side window so you can sleep sideways (if you are under 6 feet). It can be easily lowered as well. The slide out is awesome because you can utilize all the storage space under the bed and easily access everything. Cutting Edge Cabinets made the wood face for the bed frame with an access door from inside of the van. I used this to keep our bags under the bed out of site, but easily accessible from inside the van.

The most significant modification I made was installing a Maxxair roof fan over the bed with the install kit from DIY van in Hood River (the best thing ever for camping in warm weather) a 2 way, multispeed fan that is super quiet and uses almost no electricity. I installed the fan and some little recessed lights in the head liner. Those are NOT connected to the car battery intentionally. I set them up to run off an ecoflow rechargeable battery (or a goal zero, jackery, etc).

This is a very clean van that is ideal for camping/ traveling/ tailgating/ towing/ skiing, etc. No complicated battery systems or plumbing systems were installed by design to keep it very simple. Any of that could be easily added, or everything I’ve installed so far could be easily removed and the van made back into a 12 passenger van. I only was given the first row bench seat when I bought it, but the floor mounts and seatbelts for all the seats are still accessible. I have all the parts that I removed originally including the original wheels and tires. I also have black out inserts made of reflectix for every window. Helps with keeping it warm/cool inside but also makes it very easy to sleep or stealth camp.

I have all the original paperwork from the previous owner, the Carfax I ordered when I purchased it, and all the maintenance receipts since I’ve owned it. It was very well maintained by the owner and has been by me. I knew when I found it on Craigslist in Texas that it was “the one” so I bought a one-way ticket, sight unseen and moved quickly to get it. Never abused or even really off-roaded other than some dirt roads. The previous owner also bought an extended warranty that goes through June of 2024 or 157000 miles, whichever comes first. I’ve got that paperwork but have never had to use it.

I was going for an A-team / Mad Max kind of a look when I put it together. When you park among a sea of sprinter vans, guess which one gets the most people stopping by to comment or ask questions? It is a very reliable rig that you can get parts for at any local auto parts store, that you can do maintenance on yourself, and its very easy to find any mechanic or chevy dealership to work on if needed. This LS drive train will last far longer than anyone would probably ever even own the van and reliability is key if you plan on View attachment 767392traveling/exploring. It drives great with the independent front suspension (better than the straight axle Ford, which I also drive) , does awesome in the snow, has plenty of power and lots of room.

Hate to see it go but we ended up going with more of an RV for our current needs.

I liked it so much that I recently looked into buying a brand new one from Chevrolet but found that they aren’t taking any orders for the V8 currently and you can't order any other colors than black, white, or red. It’s an awesome rig and I doubt you can find one any cleaner or in better condition with all the options and accessories this one has. I’ve included a few pics of it when I first purchased it to show how it looked along with more current pics.

Check out @ 4x4boogievan on instagram for more pictures and to see the entire build of it.

Clean title in hand. 58,500.00

Key words quigley, GMC, Savana, sprinter, sportsmobile, 4x4, 4wd, vanlife, economies, e350, e250, e150, transit, ford, RV

Attachments

• 20210515_145723.jpg
    20210515_145723.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 828
  • unnamed (19).jpg
    unnamed (19).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 662
  • unnamed (17).jpg
    unnamed (17).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 605
  • unnamed (22).jpg
    unnamed (22).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 560
  • unnamed (14).jpg
    unnamed (14).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 566
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    771.1 KB · Views: 553
  • unnamed (16).jpg
    unnamed (16).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 564
  • unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 552
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 537
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 543

Choff

Adventurer
REALLY!!! , you do not buy a great van like this or any full size van and worry about fuel mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles