2017+ Armada - Advice Humbly Sought

SRN

Adventurer
Talked to Nisstec and Calmini today.
Nisstec said that they have no plans to have a lift available at this time from DASH, but they are working with them to do front bumpers and skid plates. Hopefully in the next few months. He did tell me an interesting thing, though. As we know Patrols and Armada's are not the same in some key areas, like bumpers, suspension and differentials. He has not verified this, but he suspects that the Titan XD's front suspension shares components with the Y62 Patrol. Maybe do some digging in parts catalogs to see if that's the case if you're really looking to go all in on using a Patrol lift kit?
Calmini explained their lift to me. New UCA's for the front and spacers, and drop brackets for the rear. He said it "might" work with another kit like the Ironman 1.5 kit, but wouldn't confirm. He did say that they are working on a HD kit that will be out in 45ish days that will include springs and a rear airbag delete. He also mentioned that they are working on skidplates, bumpers, and rockers, not ETA on those.

ArmandaY62

Talked to Nisstec and Calmini today.
Nisstec said that they have no plans to have a lift available at this time from DASH, but they are working with them to do front bumpers and skid plates. Hopefully in the next few months. He did tell me an interesting thing, though. As we know Patrols and Armada's are not the same in some key areas, like bumpers, suspension and differentials. He has not verified this, but he suspects that the Titan XD's front suspension shares components with the Y62 Patrol. Maybe do some digging in parts catalogs to see if that's the case if you're really looking to go all in on using a Patrol lift kit?
Calmini explained their lift to me. New UCA's for the front and spacers, and drop brackets for the rear. He said it "might" work with another kit like the Ironman 1.5 kit, but wouldn't confirm. He did say that they are working on a HD kit that will be out in 45ish days that will include springs and a rear airbag delete. He also mentioned that they are working on skidplates, bumpers, and rockers, not ETA on those.

Did he say anything about replacing the self-leveling shocks in the rear with regular shocks/springs?

ArmandaY62

So, I contacted Ironman USA about ordering the Armada kit and was surprisingly told they do not recommend the kit for the Armada (even though it's listed for the Armada on their website). I'm very confused. Here is what they said:

"The coils we have for the Armada have proven to be too strong for the weight of the backend. We have coils that are far stronger than the airbags. They did not achieve the desired effect. At this point we don't have a suspension system that works well for the Armada"

SRN

Adventurer
So, I contacted Ironman USA about ordering the Armada kit and was surprisingly told they do not recommend the kit for the Armada (even though it's listed for the Armada on their website). I'm very confused. Here is what they said:

"The coils we have for the Armada have proven to be too strong for the weight of the backend. We have coils that are far stronger than the airbags. They did not achieve the desired effect. At this point we don't have a suspension system that works well for the Armada"
Did they say that they might be working towards making a suspension system that will work?

ArmandaY62

Did they say that they might be working towards making a suspension system that will work?
No, they just said they do not currently have a suspension system that works with the Armada. Yet, they continue to list the system on their website as being for Armada/QX80. Honestly, the guy was pretty rude, wouldn’t answer my questions, and then ended the chat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior