2017 Alumiduty Carli Equipped on 40’s

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Awesome truck. I think you’ll be doing well to see anything over 15, if that. I’m getting 15-17 on my 17’ 350 on 37x12.50s with emissions off.

Skinhyfish

Observer
Few more shots, can’t wait to get out to Utah later this year for some action shots.

Stock:
14916fc202ffd834708107cf2e709d89.jpg

Methods:
56853c8f410f30db1c1c272db44e0bce.jpg

Went with blue in a few places, ha:
c1cdf54b72f4a51394cb46b04fec0d9a.jpg

And a pic of the shoes it has to fill. My old 99 350 7.3:
98389e17d6158e94dbf4295b348d95e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what lift was on your old 99?

g man

Awesome truck. I think you’ll be doing well to see anything over 15, if that. I’m getting 15-17 on my 17’ 350 on 37x12.50s with emissions off.

That’s what I was looking for. I figured that to be about the range. I’m at around 13-15 with 37s and full emissions. For me, the only reason to loose the weight is MPG. I’ve had my share of high HP diesels. They’re fun...it’s just not my thing now.

I fully know at this size and weight, MPG will not be 20+. I was just trying to see if I could justify the cost of the weight loss. I also wanted to see how much more the MPG hit was for 40s.

In other news....I was certain I had seen pics of this ride somewhere before... George P is good people. He’s great to do business with too!

Again, great truck. Anxious to see the direction of your build from here.

Thanks!

MarinerX

Yea, seems about right. Depends on tuning company as well. When I switched from ppei to chaos I picked up quite a bit of mileage. About 1.5 and was able to get on the truck quite a bit more without fearing for my trans.

That’s what I was looking for. I figured that to be about the range. I’m at around 13-15 with 37s and full emissions. For me, the only reason to loose the weight is MPG. I’ve had my share of high HP diesels. They’re fun...it’s just not my thing now.

I fully know at this size and weight, MPG will not be 20+. I was just trying to see if I could justify the cost of the weight loss. I also wanted to see how much more the MPG hit was for 40s.

In other news....I was certain I had seen pics of this ride somewhere before... George P is good people. He’s great to do business with too!

Again, great truck. Anxious to see the direction of your build from here.

Thanks!

I’m having a family member take the truck to get a hypertech speed recalibrator installed on Thursday. I’ll have them drive the truck for a few days and report back with the mileage and have them verify it by hand. Sure they won’t mind anyways, my folks drive it all the time to keep it from sitting while I’m gone and they can’t get in the grocery store or a fuel station without a few people asking about it.

I can also ask George as well since he has the same setup and actually gets to drive his truck. Haven’t seen mine in two months, kinda sad when I miss the truck more than people .

I know you’ll definitely see an increase with the weight loss, mine was quite a jump. However I drove it on mostly rural county roads and it loved sipping fuel out in the countryside. Mileage also seems to vary a bit on these trucks from truck to truck. Mine has been one of the better ones.

I’m anxious too, would like to finish the whole build for less than 100k, but I have my doubts. Truck was 45 plus tax and I have about 20 in the build so far.

Rakkasan3187

I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. I have an 7" Icon kit now on my 09 f250 and have been very happy with it. The only time I had an issue their customer service was excellent and got me fixed up. I am looking forward to getting the Carli 4.5" 2.5 pinto kit installed. The airbags will be nice to have when I have the wake boat hooked up or have the back loaded down for trips. I am still trying to figure out which onboard air system I want to go with. Kinda leaning toward the Firestone F3. Are you running an aftermarket steering stabilizer system? Seeing your Alumiduty makes me really want to get into a new one, but I've got a lot of time and money in mine and the 6.4 has treated good so far.. lol.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. I have an 7" Icon kit now on my 09 f250 and have been very happy with it. The only time I had an issue their customer service was excellent and got me fixed up. I am looking forward to getting the Carli 4.5" 2.5 pinto kit installed. The airbags will be nice to have when I have the wake boat hooked up or have the back loaded down for trips. I am still trying to figure out which onboard air system I want to go with. Kinda leaning toward the Firestone F3. Are you running an aftermarket steering stabilizer system? Seeing your Alumiduty makes me really want to get into a new one, but I've got a lot of time and money in mine and the 6.4 has treated good so far.. lol.

Wait until the Fox ACS, pass through, steering damper comes out. There's a couple out there kinda custom, should be a catalog item soon.

As much as I like King shocks, a steering dampers piston rod should travel completely through the shock body so there is no displacement change inside the shock, ever.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I believe Chaos is running on NGuage.

I’m running Tyrant as well as PPEI. I haven’t noticed much of a difference from either, and for the past 3000 miles have just left mine on the 75 HP tow setting from PPEI. It runs great, and I gained a solid 3 mpg over stock on 37s.

MarinerX

What platform is a Chaos using? SCT or EZLynk?

You can find chaos on ezlynk, ngauge, and sct. I run ezlynk.

I believe Chaos is running on NGuage.

I’m running Tyrant as well as PPEI. I haven’t noticed much of a difference from either, and for the past 3000 miles have just left mine on the 75 HP tow setting from PPEI. It runs great, and I gained a solid 3 mpg over stock on 37s.

You’ll see the most significant gains on the highest tune, but sometimes these things are finicky with trans tunes. Which is why I personally would only run Chaos, Tyrant, or SPE.... all are known for good trans tunes. Glad to hear ppei is treating you well, you don’t hear that as much anymore.

MarinerX

Running the Carli high mount!

Hahah good to hear the 6.4 has treated you well! They’re monsters when they’re mixed with luck and good maintenance. Have always loved those trucks, but the mileage hurts. Used to tool around in a 450 6.4, one of my favorite trucks.

Rakkasan3187

Running the Carli high mount!

Hahah good to hear the 6.4 has treated you well! They’re monsters when they’re mixed with luck and good maintenance. Have always loved those trucks, but the mileage hurts. Used to tool around in a 450 6.4, one of my favorite trucks.

Within a month after buying it I had a 5" FloPro exhaust and H&S Black Max tuner installed. This helped out the mileage a little bit. I think it has also helped with the reliability. I only drive it about 3 months a year do too working overseas. So I do a lot of preventive maintenance mainly because it sits a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior