2016 Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 - Limited - Icon Suspension - 1 Ton - Camper Ready!

montypower

Adventure Time!
DSC04508.JPG

2016 Toyota Tundra Limited TRD 4x4
1 Ton Conversion!
Double Cab - 6.5ft Bed
5.7L 381HP V8 - 6 Speed Automatic
38 Gallon Fuel Tank (incredible range around 600 miles)
Setup to haul camper - Four Wheel Camper or Other
49k Miles - Original Body/Paint. No accidents or repairs.

DSC04509.JPG

One owner. All maintenance current. All records. Most recent service: Transmission Fluid Change (properly by dealer), Transfer case fluid change, Front/Rear Differential Fluid Change, Intake/Injection System Service (some fancy deal), Oil Change, Tire Rotate, Air Filter, Cabin Filter. Serviced every 5k miles since new. Not the dealer recommended 10k. Properly broken in (drive procedure). Uses no oil. Tight. No problems. No kids. No pets.

DSC04512.JPG

This truck is loaded from the factory: Digital Dual Zone Climate Control, Backup Camera, Entune Premium Audio 7" Screen w/ Satallite, Navigation, Leather, Heated Seats, Power Driver Seat, Power Windows w/ Auto Up/Down, Power Rear Window, Home Link, Auto Dimming Mirror w/ Compass, Windshield Wiper De-Icer, Heated Mirrors, Rear Under Seat Storage Box, Fog Lights, Color Match Rear Bumper, Bed Rail System w/ Tie Down Cleats, Front Tow Hooks, Heavy Duty Battery & Alternator, Stainless Steel Exhaust.

DSC04515.JPG

Additional Options:
Limited Premium Package: Front/Rear Parking Assist Sonar, Mirror Blind Spot Monitor, Auto Up/Down Windows, Upgraded Interior Illumination, Glass Breakage Sensor, Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer
TRD Package: Skid Plates, Tow Hooks,
Bedliner: Spray on by Toyota Factory
Tow Package: Brake Controller (built in), Hitch, 4.30 Gears, HD Battery & Alternator, Oil/Trans Cooler

New Price: $45,456

DSC04518.JPG

Additional Upgrades:
Wheels: Toyota TRD 17x8" Forged Alloy Wheels (light weight 23lbs) with Locking Lugs. Beadlocks removed and sprayed. Retail $1,675 ($335/ea - full set of 5)
Tires: 32" BFG Ko2 All Terrain (factory size) - Snowflake Rated (no chains required). Full Set of 5 (matching spare). Warranty certificates from America Tire. 50% Tread Remaining.
Front Grille: Tundra Platinum Front Grille Assembly (replaced ugly chrome grille). $640
Floor Liner: Husky Liners Front/Rear (much better than floor mats). $220
Clear Bra & Window Tint: 3M Clear Bra Hood/Fenders & Front Window Tint Match. $500
Side Steps: Powder Coated Metal DOM Rock Sliders (very strong) $1,100
Deaver Springs: 2,000lb load @ 2" lift $900
Timbren Bump Stops: $225
TRD Sway Bar: $250
Icon 2.5" Reservoir CDCV Adjustable Coilovers: $2,000
Icon 2.5" Reservoir CDCV Adjustable Rear Shocks: $1,300
Clear Bra Wrap: Complete Fenders, Doors, Bedsides, Tailgate (no scratches - easy care, no need to wax) $1,000
Yakima Fairing: Crossbar, Towers $350
ARB Air Compressor: Built-in mounted under hood, With tire hose kit $400

Total Upgrade Part Cost (no labor): $11,160

DSC04520.JPG

What I love about the truck:
Exceptional range easily goes 500-600 miles on a tank (38 gallons). 18-19 mpg on the road. 16-17 mpg in town. Easy to maneuver (same turning circle as Tacoma DC LB) tightest turning of any full size. Fits in the garage (19.5ft). Quiet and easy to drive. Built in Air Compressor for airing up tires. Incredible ICON suspension way better than TRD Pro Trucks. Such a fantastic rig! Designed to carry 2,000lbs.

Better than TRD Pro Tundra. Less money too!

DSC04524.JPG

Tundra Book Value : $35,438 ($10k less than new!)
Upgrade Costs : $12,060

Sale Price : $39,460
Located : Bend, OR

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04530.JPG

DSC04531.JPG

DSC04534.JPG

DSC04537.JPG

DSC04542.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

DSC04550.JPG

montypower

Adventure Time!
Hey Steve. Icons got installed in September 2016. They were installed at about 20k miles so they have approximately 30k miles. Fronts were both rebuilt last month by Icon. Also added the boots to protect them. Rears have had the boots since new (no issues). Deavers went on late September 2016. No sunroof. Works great! Excellent ride. No drama.

rruff

Explorer
Montypower, good luck with the sale!

Curious what you are moving to? In the camper sale thread you said you'd bought something new.

rruff

Explorer
Ah, more luxury and space! But won't you be missing the ability to fly down long washboard roads?

Any pictures of your new rig?

montypower

Adventure Time!
Yes, it will slow down travel some but still going to be fine aired down on gravel. No pictures yet. Space and luxury is always a compromise but will be more comfortable, smaller, easier to park and more space than most full time type expedition rigs. Plus way better mpg!

f1scher81

Wish this was a CrewMax.. exactly what Im looking for honestly.

Are the Icons adjusted up, or are they at stock height?

Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
Wish this was a CrewMax.. exactly what Im looking for honestly.

Are the Icons adjusted up, or are they at stock height?

The BIG cab is a luxury for sure! It's a trade off... but having the 6.5ft bed is much more valuable to me. And the double cab is plenty big. Heck, as kids we rode in the back of trucks half the size! :)

Icons are stock height approx 2-2.5" over stock. No issues with CV angle or control arms and proper alignment by Dealer.

f1scher81

Thank you! Agreed all around on the cab/bed, and understood. Shame they dont have a CM w/ the 6.5.

Obviously this setup could take a 33"-34" tire without issue, you have just elected to stay stock size? If you weren't 3000 miles away, I would be there already.

montypower

Adventure Time!
That's true. Although, I would have still bought the same truck as it fits in the garage. :)

Stock size tires for these reasons: range (easy 550-650 miles), mpg (18-19 no load on the road), steering response, braking, acceleration, less drivetrain stress... Realistically, it would be for looks. I don't mind stock tires size (32"). Going to 33" tire gains only 1/2" of ground clearance. Hardly enough to make a difference capability wise with significant trade offs. Would need to go 34-35" tire and then I'd be tempted to re-gear the axles. It really has plenty of clearance unless you want to make it a trail truck but then I'd buy something smaller. Airing down tires in combination with the factory traction control works great.

rruff

Explorer
Obviously this setup could take a 33"-34" tire without issue

If you have a proper offset (+25 to +40mm) most 35s will fit with mudflap removal and plastic adjustment. 37s can even work with trimming of the front body mount and swaybar removal.

He has the Rock Warrior rims which are +50mm and 17x8". If you stick with those you might have UCA clearance issues with wider tires. 285/75r17 would be a good size (nominally 33.8" dia) that would fit with no problem.

slomark

GLWS, NICE TRUCK!!!....done up nicely. I wish I was in the market........ I have a 2011 crewmax (65k trouble free miles)....my kids are now 4&8. If I could do it over again I think I would've went with the DC like this. Lately I feel like I could use a little more bed length, and now that my kids are older, we don't have to take as much stuff along with us everywhere we go, and no more HUGE car seats, ..... I think the DC back seat would be big enough for them. And I hate, absolutely hate, the 300 mile tiny gas tank I have. Got plans to head west to Ouray, CO towing my 6x10 open trailer. Prolly have it loaded with my Ural, maybe the Dr650, and 3 kayaks on the rack.....Gonna be stopping for gas ALOT! (I know....Transfer Flow tank is my fix)

Last edited:

rruff

Explorer
Stock size tires for these reasons: range (easy 550-650 miles), mpg (18-19 no load on the road), steering response, braking, acceleration, less drivetrain stress.

It is a trade off. I know a lot of people claim bigger tires reduce MPGs, but I don't believe that is the case. Not if you are comparing the same model at cruising speeds. Particularly off pavement, the large tires should have less resistance. Heavier tires will reduce MPGs very slightly in stop and go driving, and of course the gearing will be higher which reduces acceleration. Going from P metric street tires to LTs will always be a large increase in resistance.

Larger tires provide the best clearance because everything is raised, and for the places I go I'd really like to avoid bottoming on rocks as much as possible....

montypower

Adventure Time!
Larger tires provide the best clearance because everything is raised, and for the places I go I'd really like to avoid bottoming on rocks as much as possible....

Good points. It really does depend on use. IFS is nice because of the increased clearance under the differential and everywhere when lifted. Of course, only bigger tires increase rear differential clearance. Good stuff to think about...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior