2016 taco arb bumper sneak peek on their facebook page

damon.l

12096340_10153744215414571_7944227512170607091_n.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I can't see it on my comp. Does it look like every other ARB bumper or is it something different?

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Hangs off the front a LONG way- loks like no part of the winch would land within the confines of the factory bumper, though I don't know how much room is back there. Bumpers for the Hilux have long used a combination of the factory bumper and fabricated ARB unit.
Would be sweet if someone came up with some fiberglass pieces to fill in the corners and leave a smooth flat-bottom section.

bkg

Explorer
Hangs off the front a LONG way- loks like no part of the winch would land within the confines of the factory bumper, though I don't know how much room is back there. Bumpers for the Hilux have long used a combination of the factory bumper and fabricated ARB unit.
Would be sweet if someone came up with some fiberglass pieces to fill in the corners and leave a smooth flat-bottom section.

I was thinking the exact same thing... It's actually in front of the grill... which sticks out 3" (IIRC) father than last generation... So the bumper may be 6" farther forward than previous?

bkg

Explorer
Their bumper design is poor and has been. Any bumper that requires the factory bumper to be hacked up isn't worth buying. ARB doesn't want to actually design a bumper to fit the truck; rather they modify their existing design and it attach to the truck.

Reminds me of the monstrosity they built for the 4runner: http://gitout.com/content.php?221-2...uite-Possibly-the-most-Bulky-Ugly-Bumper-ever!

I don't think that I a fair assessment. Toyota is making it harder and harder for the aftermarket with all of the plastic/etc. And for a company pike ARB, keeping the signature look they have mastered over the years becomes an exercise in compromise...

Clutch

<---Pass
I don't think that I a fair assessment. Toyota is making it harder and harder for the aftermarket with all of the plastic/etc. And for a company pike ARB, keeping the signature look they have mastered over the years becomes an exercise in compromise...

Would have to agree with that. Even with full on custom bumpers, they still look odd trying to conform to the overly bulbous current designs.

ARB_USA

Supporting Sponsor
We will be posting full vehicle photos on our Facebook page this Monday to kick off our SEMA coverage. We will also post a few photos on this thread.

I have been wondering how ARB would design a front bumper with the new front end design of the Tacoma. I am looking forward to seeing how it turned out. I have ARB's on my Wrangler and Land Cruiser wagon and have always been pleased with the look and functionality of ARB bumpers.

soonenough

Explorer
I actually think the bumper looks pretty good. Fairly standard long overhang that most ARB bumpers seem to have, but I think it looks good.

Soooo when is the Tacoma BP-51 kit going to be out then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier