2016 spring bear

dozrmn

I am looking for advice on a spring bear hunt. I will be driving from Georgia,camping along the way alone. Ontario looks like the best drive but if I make it thru all the big cities Maine / New Brunswick has something called "Lobster Rolls"!!! Looking for a good outfitter with plenty of bear and good fishing. Thanks

dozrmn

starting to get ready . Rifle problems

I picked up a Marlin 1895 45-70 last week . Very poor quality ! I have cycled the lever ,trigger and hammer several hundred times just to get them somewhat operable. When I took it out to shoot for the first time it would not load from the magazine. I have now bent the ejector spring to allow it to load. I sure hope it will eject now. I am considering a Smittybilt overland tent for my m-416 . Any advice ?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Here is one idea, look up the regulations and dates for bear hunts within the states you will be passing through and choose accordingly.

GaryMc

Explorer
I am looking for advice on a spring bear hunt. I will be driving from Georgia,camping along the way alone. Ontario looks like the best drive but if I make it thru all the big cities Maine / New Brunswick has something called "Lobster Rolls"!!! Looking for a good outfitter with plenty of bear and good fishing. Thanks

If you are serious, shoot me a PM and I can help you out with an amzing guide and outfitter. I'm a fishing guide for the same company. I don't do hunts, but have two great guides to reccomend if you are in good shape and can hike thick/steep terrain.

Pick up a proper hunting rifle.

marathonracer

Adventurer
Maine does not have a spring bear hunt except on tribal land by special permit. Several outfitters based in Maine do offer Canadian trips though. Right now is "show season" in the northeast where guides are traveling to several NE states attending sportsmen's shows. Many of the good outfitters that have repeat clients will fill what few spots they have just after show season so the quicker you make your plan the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles