2016 Regular Cab Silverado 4X4

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I tossed in a cot the other day to check out how much space it takes up. It's a regular full size cot (I can't remember the brand). With the Leer locker installed, I can't even roll off the cot, you need to slide in really awkwardly to actually lay down on the bed. So that idea is tossed out the window. I like the locker unit to store stuff, so I'm not ditching it just to sleep on a cot. I got enough thermarest pads, I can just stack them and sleep just as good when the time came.

Seeing how I sold my 20" Duratrac tries, I put in an order for set of black 17" Method MR701's for the truck. Once they arrive and I eventually buy a new set of tires, I'll be selling this Cragar SS/BFG setup. I just tossed it all together to try out the fitment and so I can sell the 20" Goodyears. For new tires, it's a tossup between 295/70R17 Toyo MT's, Yokohama M/T G003's or 285/75R17 Ridge Grapplers (only because they are load range C).

Enough chat, time for a picture dump.

Last week
IMG_6510-X3.jpg

This week
IMG_6535-X3.jpg
IMG_6546-X3.jpg

tims5377

Do you have any photos of how you mounted that light bar? Looking to do the same thing on my 1500.

Really like how you removed that front valence. I think it would look odd on mine though (red with chrome bumper)

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I didn't take any photo's when I installed it. I just bolted some L-brackets I had laying onto the light bar itself. Then raised them up enough so the preexisting holes on the brackets lined up with the angled support bars in the grill. Drilled out the holes and bolted the whole thing on. It just worked and seems to be holding up fine.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Really like your "evolution" with this truck, and how quickly you are willing to cut your "losses" on stuff that doesn't quite work the way you want. So many times we aren't happy with something but we just "make do" with it. And of course it (whatever we are unhappy with) becomes like a pebble in your boot always being a PITA!

Truck looks great and great pics as well. Nicely done!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Well done truck! Love the Chevy shortbed. There's some governmental agency or company out here (most like forest service of some kind or survey company...) running white Chevy shortbeds with FWC campers, lift, wheels, mud tires and Winch bumpers. They are the coolest looking rig in the woods. I'll try to get a photo next time I see them.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I ended up selling the truck. Picked up a Colorado ZR2 for three months and didn't like the CC/SB combo, plus a few other things. So I got rid of it, I'd consider another one but extended cab next time. Currently driving around in a RC/SB Sierra 4X4 that's lowered.

IMG_6643-X3.jpg

Chromstica-X3.jpg

IMG_7190-X3.jpg

Which still could technically rock a tent setup haha. I still have my old rack, so I'd still debating tossing on a hardshell tent, vinyl wrapping it something cool and having a nice little cruiser/overnight camper trucks for ********** & giggles.
IMG_7200-X3.jpg

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
I ended up selling the truck. Picked up a Colorado ZR2 for three months and didn't like the CC/SB combo, plus a few other things. So I got rid of it, I'd consider another one but extended cab next time. Currently driving around in a RC/SB Sierra 4X4 that's lowered.

IMG_6643-X3.jpg

Chromstica-X3.jpg

IMG_7190-X3.jpg

Which still could technically rock a tent setup haha. I still have my old rack, so I'd still debating tossing on a hardshell tent, vinyl wrapping it something cool and having a nice little cruiser/overnight camper trucks for ********** & giggles.
IMG_7200-X3.jpg
What exactly didn’t you like about the cc/sb set up? How would sleeping in a camper shell on that thing hold up? [I’m 5’7”]

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Bed was too small and the only justification I had for getting a crew cab was getting a roof rack installed down the road. I changed those plans for my own reasons, and I didn't need a CC truck. I felt like I was driving a minivan, mixed with the fact I've seen guys on the forums have their oil lines burst, multimatic shocks get bent when they winched themselves out of holes, cv boots tearing, issues with lifting the truck and adding weight with mulitmatics I said the heck with it. I chose to go back to simpler truck. This newer full size trucks are still too big for their own good, but at least I can still install a canopy on this truck, toss in a cot and bam; low cost camper if the need came up, otherwise, GFC is a possibility still but with bed space.

Now granted, I should have tried out a Tundra this time, mostly for aftermarket accessory options (for the small things) but I'm a sucker for RC/SB trucks. Might as well enjoy them while I can (no kids eh).

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I tossed in a cot the other day to check out how much space it takes up. It's a regular full size cot (I can't remember the brand). With the Leer locker installed, I can't even roll off the cot, you need to slide in really awkwardly to actually lay down on the bed. So that idea is tossed out the window. I like the locker unit to store stuff, so I'm not ditching it just to sleep on a cot. I got enough thermarest pads, I can just stack them and sleep just as good when the time came.

Seeing how I sold my 20" Duratrac tries, I put in an order for set of black 17" Method MR701's for the truck. Once they arrive and I eventually buy a new set of tires, I'll be selling this Cragar SS/BFG setup. I just tossed it all together to try out the fitment and so I can sell the 20" Goodyears. For new tires, it's a tossup between 295/70R17 Toyo MT's, Yokohama M/T G003's or 285/75R17 Ridge Grapplers (only because they are load range C).

Enough chat, time for a picture dump.

Last week
IMG_6510-X3.jpg

This week
IMG_6535-X3.jpg
IMG_6546-X3.jpg
The 17's are going to deliver a better ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles