2016 Ram Mega Cab Build

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
good looking pickup. My dad just got a 4x4 3500 CTD mega cab a few months ago, and loves it. I've only driven it once, and although its a little long, it's not too bad to drive. Tons of room inside, and feels pretty solid.

jpop8807

Observer
good looking pickup. My dad just got a 4x4 3500 CTD mega cab a few months ago, and loves it. I've only driven it once, and although its a little long, it's not too bad to drive. Tons of room inside, and feels pretty solid.

Exactly what I was going to say, great room, amazing torque, very well equiped super plush. Congrats on your purchase. I also agree with the second part about it being super long. Depending on the terrain you drive that could eventually be a pain in the butt with high centering, and stuff. Enjoy it keep us updated with your future endevours.

gunpainter

Observer
I went from a little minivan to my 2012 Megacab 3500 CTD. It's taken some time to get used to how long it is, but i'm getting much, much better at parking it, and as a rule, I either pull through, or back in to parking spaces 95% of the time. Wal-mart is the major exception because they have the angled parking spots that make it a lot easier to get in and out of. The nice thing, it's so massive that nobody pulls out in front of you, my CTD has enough power to pass or out accelerate most things that aren't sports cars, and it's got more interior space than my minivan, has a bed, and lets me keep my man card with me at all times.

Nice truck, and congrats and i'm sorry, on your up coming birth of twins. :D

Branden

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Slow builds are cool, Ive been building on my Tacoma since 2010. Still need to re-gear and lock front and rear. Oh, a tire carrier rear bumper is in the works too. Might be a few years though.

Copperhead14

Observer
I had a 2006 tacoma double cab off road before the jeep. I wanted a full size heavy duty we could tow with. My wife was sold on the mega cab due to the reclining rear seats, she also was set on leather. This thing is nice. I am trying to figure out how to set up the ram boxes.

Last edited:

Copperhead14

Observer
285/75-18 Toyo R/T on Ram Mega Cab

IMG_1876.jpgIMG_1877.jpgIMG_1875.jpgIMG_1878.jpg
Got the Ranch Hand Mega Cab steps, Toyo Open Country R/T 285/75-18 and Access Tonneau Cover installed.

Copperhead14

Observer
Looking at 30 + foot campers, so the mega cab is getting traded for a 2017 CTD SLT mega cab in expedition white. Will be swapping steps, tonneau cover and tires to new truck.

Copperhead14

Observer
I'm an idiot. That's all I can say. I am adding leather seats to the new truck. That was the main thing my wife wanted. I wish I had done the slt and dcummins to start with. Chrysler give a public safety discount, so I came out ok on trade. I picked it up today, too dark for pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles