2016 Ram 3500 4x4 with 2017 Bundutec Camper,

STREGA

Explorer
TRUCK AND CAMPER WAS RECENTLY TRADED IN AND IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT YORK DODGE/RAM IN PRESCOTT AZ. CALL JEFF SALESPERSON AT YORK (and only one there that knows anything about overlanding) AT 1-319-269-4383.

Due to recent health issue the wife and I have made the hard decision to sell our dream truck/camper rig. We had big plans to see the USA with this rig but with the back surgery I had last December and almost having another one last week (which may still happen) the camper for me has become “user unfriendly”, so it must go to make way for something that will work.

The Truck Details:
2016 Ram 3500, cab/chassis, regular cab, Tradesman trim, 6.4L Hemi, Aisin 6 speed transmission, manual shift transfer case and 4.44 axle ratios. Other options the truck has is the uconnect/Sirius XM radio, power windows/door locks, chrome grill and wheels and trailer mirrors. Being that it is a Tradesman trim level truck it does not have all the bling that the Big Horn/Laramie trim trucks do. I liked the fact that it has vinyl seats and rubber floor covering which is just plain practical.
Currently the truck just has 34K on the odometer but will have under 36K on it due to a quick trip we will be making to California in a few days. All maintenance is up to date including the transmission and the oil/filter/windshield wipers were just changed yesterday although the oil was still at 30% use left And I just did not want to run it down to 10% on this last trip. Battery was replaced about a year ago under warranty, all recalls have been taken care of.
The flatbed was custom made by Adventure Trailers in Prescott, Az out of aluminum and is 9’ long and 80” wide. The steps to enter the camper are mounted to the frame and store out of the way yet only takes seconds to deploy. 4 custom made aluminum storage boxes are mounted under the flatbed which provides a lot of useful space to store extra gear. Attached to the rear boxes are mudflaps to keep things legal while going down the road.
This truck is very capable with a 10K GVWR a tow rating around 17K and a GCWR at 25K (I will double check that and correct that if wrong). The engine, transmission and gear ratios are what gives this truck these numbers and this drivetrain combination is only available on the 3500 cab/chassis truck. The hitch on the truck is a heavy duty 2 1/2” receiver rated to tow more than the truck is.
I average between 11-12 mpg combined with hi way speeds between 60-70mph. It rides comfortably at those speeds and is it’s “sweet spot”, 75-85mph is doable as well but fuel mileage does start to suffer so I rarely ever went that fast. The truck does accelerate well off the line as well while rolling to overtake a slower vehicle.

The Camper Details:
2017 Bundutec (built October 2017) custom made to my specs flatbed popup. This camper is built by Rory Willet who has over 40 years experience building campers mostly with Northstar camper, he started his own company a few years ago because he wanted to do things a bit differently from what Northstar had been doing. One of his goal was to build custom campers, he enjoys the challenge of building something new and different than the one before it. The owner of the company actually builds the camper.
Our camper was built to fit our truck, the main body of the camper is 9' long, 5' tall when closed and 80" wide. The cabover portion is 3' long for a total of 12' long. The North/South oriented bed is a RV queen size mattress which means it is 6"shorter than a standard queen but is the same width and there is no crawling over your partner in the middle of the night! The mattress is of the new generation foam and is super comfy and there is storage compartments on both sides and under the mattress for clothing. Overhead there is a skylight for stargazing with self storing shade and vent screen. It could be used as a escape hatch as well.
The 2 person dinette is comfortable to sit at with a table that slides into the wall and makes access to the bed area easy. Under the seat on the driver side is where the 20 gallon water tank is located and the passenger side seat is over the propane tank compartment which is large enough to fit 2 20 pound tanks, although it's a tight fit I just keep one in there and use the space for other gear. Under the table at your feet is a storage area where we kept our shoes.
On the passenger side is where the Dometic 12v compressor fridge lives, under the fridge cabinet is where the battery compartment is located and there is a small amount of storage there as well. The battery compartment is big enough for dual 6v batteries but currently there is only a 12v battery that was installed about 4 months ago. fridge cabinet is topped with a large counter and on the dinette side of the cabinet is where the solar controller is located and the other side has a 12v/USB charge port and also the thermostat control for the Suburban furnace. Between the entrance door which has a screen door and the fridge cabinet is 2 more storage cabinets one for the porta potty and the other we kept dry goods in it, there is a smaller counter above the cabinet that is about 6" lower than the fridge cabinet counter.
On the driver side is where the glass top stove and glass top sink is. There are 2 drawers and 3 storage areas in that cabinet along with the furnace. Above is a overhead cabinet with 2 doors and a paper towel holder. There are 3 windows with self storing shades and vent screens 1 by the sink/stove area and 2 by the dinette, the door does have a window that allows light in but not able to see through. The camper does have a am/fm radio with CD player and 4 speakers, also has sirrius/XM capability but I have never register the radio with sirrius. Overall the camper while not huge inside is quite comfortable and user friendly and has a modern feel to it.
Speaking of user friendly the aluminum framed and fiberglass covered roof which is used on high end Class A motorhomes is mostly maintenace free and durable. The lift system is electric and with a push of a button and about 30 seconds the roof is deployed and you are ready for camping. Retracting the roof takes about 60 seconds using the Max air fan to help suck in the tent material, doesn't get much easier than that. Also on top of the roof is a 160 watt solar panel that has no problem keeping the battery at full charge with the fridge running 24/7. The interior lighting is LED and provides good light.
Outside the camper there are a few small compartments for gear storage and one super large storage area that is actually a built in tunnel box. We keep the spare tire, up to 3 Roto Pax 3 gallon fuel tanks, 2 extra 20 lb propane tanks, tool box, folding ladder, propane camp fire, camp table and chairs and whatever else we might bring and still have extra space left over. The tunnel box does have access from both sides of the camper via huge lockable cargo doors. Did I mention that this rig has storage space galore? To complete the package there are 3 LED lights on the 2 sides and rear of the camper which put out great lighting, oh and there are 2 lights inside the tunnel box as well.

Well thats all I can think of at the moment I will add more information as needed and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Asking $45K.

The truck and camper are located at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Thanks for looking at this ad, Doug

Last edited:

kmacafee

Adventurer
So sorry to hear about your health issues. We have the Bundutec side entry flat bed that was built soon after yours. Best of luck with the sale and hopefully your back will recover.

STREGA

Explorer
Trying to download some pics I took today but it says my files are to big, not sure how to shrink the file size to get them to work. I do have 2 build threads one under the domestic truck thread and one in the pop up camper thread that have pics just not recent ones. I know you can link them to this thread but not sure how to do that either, pretty obvious that Iam computer illiterate.

STREGA

Explorer
So sorry to hear about your health issues. We have the Bundutec side entry flat bed that was built soon after yours. Best of luck with the sale and hopefully your back will recover.

Thanks. How has your camper work out for you? I do remember your postings when you were in the acquisition stage of your quest to get the right camper.

STREGA

Explorer
Yes, but we are not going to be in California for very long and we have a few things that we need to get done and only one day to do it which is this coming Saturday. We will be in the Paso Robles/Atascadero area.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I sent you a PM about posting pictures.

Hope it helps you sell your nice rig.

Good luck!

STREGA

Explorer
I sent you a PM about posting pictures.

Hope it helps you sell your nice rig.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I never use to have problems posting pics with the old forum format must be doing something wrong just don’t know what.

I can send pictures with a email address.

adam88

Explorer
See next page for 3 more photos

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,909
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,447
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg