2016 F550 Custom Overlander - San Jose, CA - PRICE REDUCED $215,000

oliklink

Too strong? No way to have it on "setting 1" and not frost yourself?
I did rely on the experience/recommendation of the builder/designer of the rig prior to removing the AC unit. He traveled South and pretty much never used the AC, as the air flow of the two fans + accordion front design was sufficient.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
So...when he was building Adrift he thought he'd need the mini split a/c, but come to find out, it was way overkill even for Baja?

oliklink

Check out the writing about my overlander: https://expeditionmeister.com/blog/article/overlanding-customized-2016-ford-f550-b95

Will be showing the unit this weekend in San Francisco Bay Area. Let me know if interested.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 6.39.11 AM.png

oliklink

Price drop at all? It'll be a year here soon...
Thanks for asking. First people need to see it. Price is a factor in purchasing such a unit, but there are many more others.
In my case, having a rig that ran perfectly (engine, electrical, water, heater, fridge, internet, stove, no leak, storage latches, tire, in all weather, maintenance free, etc...and not having to fix "stuff" constantly) was the most important. :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks for asking. First people need to see it. Price is a factor in purchasing such a unit, but there are many more others.
In my case, having a rig that ran perfectly (engine, electrical, water, heater, fridge, internet, stove, no leak, storage latches, tire, in all weather, maintenance free, etc...and not having to fix "stuff" constantly) was the most important. :)

So that's a no, got it.
Glad to hear that Scott built it right.

rawtoxic

At my younger age, fixing stuff and upgrading constantly is part of the fun. 200,000 mile tiger does that to you :) I have a great story to tell rest my life how my black tank fell off on the yampa bench trail! I can see the selling point of a reliable well built rig though.

oliklink

At my younger age, fixing stuff and upgrading constantly is part of the fun. 200,000 mile tiger does that to you :) I have a great story to tell rest my life how my black tank fell off on the yampa bench trail! I can see the selling point of a reliable well built rig though.
Thumbs Up :)

oliklink

I can't tell from the photos, which are beautiful, does this have a pass through from cab to habitat?
No it doesn't. You have a big space in the truck cabin (special molding on the back seat for a perfectly flat surface - removable).
Having no pass-thru keeps the "house" safer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94