I cleared the code and will wait and see if it returns

D45

Explorer
$618 later, I have working air conditioning in the truck again.......oh well

Solid 15.0 mpg all year

No issues with the lift or tire combo

D45

Explorer
On a whim and after driving a stock 5.3L truck, I removed the Injen cold air intake

Maybe it's because my truck isn't tuned, but with the stock intake reinstalled I got back a ton of my trucks low end power

Most of the time , the truck is driven at speeds under 60, so it's a nice welcomed surprise

I'm selling the Injen intake for sure

watrboy

Observer
On a whim and after driving a stock 5.3L truck, I removed the Injen cold air intake

Maybe it's because my truck isn't tuned, but with the stock intake reinstalled I got back a ton of my trucks low end power

Most of the time , the truck is driven at speeds under 60, so it's a nice welcomed surprise

I'm selling the Injen intake for sure
I have found the same thing on several vehicles over time. I now leave it all stock and have been very satisfied. Drove my 2018 Suburban 4300 miles in 8 days and averaged 21.4 for the trip. Gas was a low of $3.29 in Hannibal MO to $4.16 here at home. Crazy.

Reactions: D45

D45

Explorer
New wiper blades, another oil change, and went to Discount Tire for tire rotation and balance

It's amazing how smooth the truck is after the tire were (re)balanced

Coming up on 90,000 miles........truck is doing well

I did bury it good in some sand recently and was pretty impressed overall how it did, as the sand was very loose

TexasSixSeven

Observer
$618 later, I have working air conditioning in the truck again.......oh well

Solid 15.0 mpg all year

No issues with the lift or tire combo

I had 3-2015 Chevy 1500s and 1 - 2018. AC went out on every single one of them before 80K miles.

watrboy

Observer
New wiper blades, another oil change, and went to Discount Tire for tire rotation and balance

It's amazing how smooth the truck is after the tire were (re)balanced

Coming up on 90,000 miles........truck is doing well

I did bury it good in some sand recently and was pretty impressed overall how it did, as the sand was very loose
Just broke in. Should be good for another 90k.

ThundahBeagle

Nice build. One that makes the average Joe think "theres something different and beefier but I cant put my fi ger on it."

My 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 SLE, over 160k on the odometer. Nowhere near as modded as yours. Took off that front bumper chin strap right away. Kept the side steps for the little lady. I used the Bilstein 5100's in the front just to level with 1.75 inches up, and had to have them professionally changed into the coils. Next time I'll get the 6000 series that's coil and shock. Did NOT put a block in back but wish I did. I have a Leer 180 topper shell that I added CapRack on top. It can look a little sagged when all my gear and sleeping platform is back there

Air conditioning condenser went out a year and a half ago. Pinhole at front drivers side. Swapped it out. You can tell the factory replacement by sight due to a silver pad in that location. This past summer the compressor went out. Being in New England I knew I wouldn't need AC for long so I toughed it out. I'll change it in spring if I keep the truck.

Came with aluminum rims and 265/65r18 Yokohama. Nice ride. Just swapped for my winter wheels and tires - studded Cooper Discoverer Mud and Snows on the basic 17 inch, 7 spoke wagon wheels.

Mine is an SLE that was thoughtfully optioned up to an SLT, minus the slider rear window. Got leather, heated seats, heavier tow package, remote start and lock.

This has been the nicest truck I've ever owned in almost every way.

These 2wd/AWD/4hi/4lo transaxle ARE weaker, but more versatile than the transaxle in, say, the GMT400 models. Those were more mechanical while these MP's are more clutch pack, but knock on wood I've driven Boston to Fla, PEI, Virginia, The Cape, Mt Washington,
Acadia, Badlands and all the way out to Big Sky and Yellowstone, through Wyoming and Colorado and back. With these, the fluid types and intervals matter far more than they did in the 1990's but the returns are worth it in my experience to date.

Again, nice build. As I read along I wanted to post suggestions but by the time I got to the end, you reached a lot of the same conclusions

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

^^^ Top pic is at Yellowstone a year and a half ago. Bottom was in front of the barn at my place in central Massachusetts this past January.

ThundahBeagle

20211107_093154.jpg

First truck I ever bought for myself. It was a 90 or 91, Cheyenne 305 ci with a 3 speed manual transmission and a gear lever transaxle with 2, 4hi and 4 lo. Single cab, short bed, manual slide rear window, rollup side windows and I believe a bech seat. Wish I still had it, but just for fun and weekends

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94