2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
I took off the ported intake manifold tonight........I was fighting with a "lean bank" engine code and think all the added airflow was causing a lean condition

I also felt that the truck did great at higher RPM and I lost some low end grunt

After disconnecting the neg battery cable and swapping the manifolds, I feel that I have all the power back

I will post the manifold up to sell............likely best to run it on a custom tuned 5.3L

The funds will hopefully go towards tires

SoTxAg06

On the 2019+ the issue is space between the rims and the upper ball joint. Seems like if you want to run a 12.5” wide tire, you need to change rims with a different offset, or run wheel spacers.

I hear you on the gas tank. My truck has a 24 gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up switching my 19 from 275/60R20 to a 285/70R17.

D45

Explorer
Can anyone confirm......

2019+ Ram 1500 and Ram Rebel trucks use the same bolt pattern as the Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500???

Wrathchild

My service brake assist also came on today

Google says a ton of 14-18 trucks and SUVs were recalled

I highly recommend you look into this. It could mean the vacuum pump has failed or is failing. These new ecotec motors don’t pull enough vacuum off the brake booster at idle or in 4cyl mode so it has an accessory pump. It is lubricated directly from engine oil and failure of the pump can take out the booster as well as spread particulate into the engine oil.

Mine went out a few yrs ago and fortunately everything else was fine. Giant PITA to change.

D45

Explorer
I am calling a local dealership tomorrow to see when I can drop the truck off

Sounds like its a NHTSA safety recall, so warranty should not matter

Last edited:

SoTxAg06

Can anyone confirm......

2019+ Ram 1500 and Ram Rebel trucks use the same bolt pattern as the Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500???

If they are 6 x 139.7 (6 x 5.5) they should fit as long as the hub size works.

D45

Explorer
Bed cover sold FAST on Ebay!

I am going to get some 285/65R18 tires this week, just because they are CHEAP compared to other sizes I have looked at AND I know I won't have any clearance issues

285/65R18: 32.60 X 11.20

Current size:
265/65R18; 31.60 X 10.40

D45

Explorer
I will say that I was very hesitant about the capability of this truck in the snow

However, with some recent snow storms, I have been very impressed

I never had to use 4HI / 4LO and just merely ran the truck in the 4WD AUTO

Did not have any issues at all, even in some very deep drifts

Cherokee_fade

How's your Diablo programmer treating you?
I love it. I still haven't gotten around to sending in the files for a custom tune. I wanted to try the canned 91 octane tune first. Been kind of distracted lately with buying a GFC camper for it.

And yes, 4WD auto in the snow is really good. I flog this truck pretty regularly, and the whole system works as it should. I will probably be upgrading the cooling system at some point, as 4WD low and desert mountain climbs seem to push it to it's limits. Thinking of starting with a bigger fan.

watrboy

Observer
I love it. I still haven't gotten around to sending in the files for a custom tune. I wanted to try the canned 91 octane tune first. Been kind of distracted lately with buying a GFC camper for it.

And yes, 4WD auto in the snow is really good. I flog this truck pretty regularly, and the whole system works as it should. I will probably be upgrading the cooling system at some point, as 4WD low and desert mountain climbs seem to push it to it's limits. Thinking of starting with a bigger fan.
Did GFC have a top to fit? I like their products, just disappointed in the domestic products. I saw one on a Dodge and found it was a one off.
Did you get it yet? Delivery or pickup?

Cherokee_fade

I just confirmed the build last week, so I'll probably pick it up in april/ may. I think they started by making tacoma caps, but they make just about everything now. GFC forums has tons of info and pics. I'm actually getting the V2, which is a big upgrade from the V1. It was nerve racking putting that much down on a cap unseen, but I'm pretty excited. I've seen them in the wild here in CA, and they are pretty sweet.

watrboy

Observer
I just confirmed the build last week, so I'll probably pick it up in april/ may. I think they started by making tacoma caps, but they make just about everything now. GFC forums has tons of info and pics. I'm actually getting the V2, which is a big upgrade from the V1. It was nerve racking putting that much down on a cap unseen, but I'm pretty excited. I've seen them in the wild here in CA, and they are pretty sweet.
I have been to the plant and they build a quality product. They are just up the road 125 miles from here. Popular recreational area. Real craftsman. Something to last a long time.

D45

Explorer
Goodyear Duratracs, in 295/65R18
are ordered

$150 in rebates right now, that will pay for the unlimited 10 year road hazard warranty

Tires will hopefully arrive today and will be installed tomorrow

33.10 x 11.80 tire will suit me well and not kill power or mpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles