2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

Cherokee_fade

I really don't know what to expect from a custom tune. I am pretty happy with the canned tune. It took a few days to get used to, but its worth it IMHO. I'm assuming a custom tune will find a little bit more power out of the mods I've done. I can't see it being that big of a difference though.

Reactions: D45

D45

Explorer
Well out of nowhere, my truck wouldn't start. Completely dead

Had to jump it and went and bought a battery this morning

The truck starts SO MUCH better

I bought:

Die Hard Platinum AGM
Size H7
850 CCA
1000 CA

Stock CCA I think was 730

20% off coupon and a $22 core..........$172 after my core return and coupon

I was worried the H7 size would not fit, since a stock appears to be an H6

Fit perfectly........just was a huge PITA to swap the batteries out, due to the location and that distribution center ontop

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Not sure if the new 1500's are the same but heres how I upgraded my '11 2500 gasser.

D45

Explorer
Die Hard Platinum AGM
Size H7
850 CCA
1000 CA
51.8 lbs

Die Hard Platinum AGM
Size H6
750 CCA
960 CA
45.6 lbs

Either battery will fit.........but I went and gambled with the H7 size and it fit perfectly

D45

Explorer
Seems like the 5.3L could get either a 150amp or a 170amp alternator

My trucks has this P/N 23487089

This number equates, I believe, to a 150AMP part

D45

Explorer
I picked up a 4 pack, from Ebay, of the frame hole plugs.........$8 shipped for 4

The large holes on the frame look so strange and I am curious if these plugs will actually stay in place and not fall out/crack over the winter

buellconvert

I got some from eBay over a year ago and they've all stayed in place and look just like they did the day I stuck them in place... definitely helped to clean the looks up a bit

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D45

Storz

Explorer
Had a similar issue on my 18 Z71 back in June, worked fine one day and the next totally dead. Thought it was the batter as well, turns out the starter was dead. Apparently these have a lot of issues with starters. Replaced under warranty and all is good so far

D45

Explorer
My service brake assist also came on today

Google says a ton of 14-18 trucks and SUVs were recalled

buellconvert

My service brake assist also came on today

Google says a ton of 14-18 trucks and SUVs were recalled
My truck is part of that recall, I haven't taken it in to get it looked at, but I haven't gotten any kind of code or issues either

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I picked up a 4 pack, from Ebay, of the frame hole plugs.........$8 shipped for 4

The large holes on the frame look so strange and I am curious if these plugs will actually stay in place and not fall out/crack over the winter
Have you considered wheel wheel liners?

I'm wondering if it would help to prevent rust. They would also cover up those frame holes, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles