2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
Well stay tuned! I ordered a diablew tuner the other day. Pretty excited.

And I agree, Definitely seems to be setup for fuel economy ONLY.

Lew does a good job at customer service.............answers questions very good

My concern with tunes are still being able to run 87/89

I do not want to rely on 91+ for performance

What octane tunes are you getting? What programmer did you choose?

Cherokee_fade

You can pick which type of tune you want in the unit. I have no plans on running 91. I bought the smaller unit.

I never understood offroad tires on 20" wheels, lol. Unless you're running 40" tires I guess

Grassland

I wonder what fuel economy will be once 34s are on the Chevy. 2 extra OD gears and different ratios might help some.
Sometimes I think about going back to stock size for the fuel economy.

SoTxAg06

I wonder what fuel economy will be once 34s are on the Chevy. 2 extra OD gears and different ratios might help some.
Sometimes I think about going back to stock size for the fuel economy.

I’m kind of curious as well. My 2019 has a 275/60R20 stock, which is around a 33x10.8. With the newer body style you can fit a narrow 34” tire with a leveling kit. I have the 5.3 and 8spd also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D45

Cherokee_fade

Got the Diablo in the mail. I love it. I can't believe GM sold a trans the way they did, if it can work like this. I'm not convinced the tune actually makes more power, it just feels that way because it's now shifting the way it should. Should be interesting to see what a custom tune can do...

D45

Explorer
I’m kind of curious as well. My 2019 has a 275/60R20 stock, which is around a 33x10.8. With the newer body style you can fit a narrow 34” tire with a leveling kit. I have the 5.3 and 8spd also.

My truck came with, and am still running the 265/65/18s........which is roughly 31.6 x 10.40

With the 3.5" lift, I do need to upgrade a size or two

I am hoping to find some 285/65/18, 285/70/18...........or even a 295/70/18

I would rather runs a 285/65 or 285/70.........so I do not have to worry about rubbing anywhere and I also wont lose a ton of MPG

This small 26 gallon tank is hard to get used to, compared to my old F150 with a much nicer 36 gallon tank

SoTxAg06

My truck came with, and am still running the 265/65/18s........which is roughly 31.6 x 10.40

With the 3.5" lift, I do need to upgrade a size or two

I am hoping to find some 285/65/18, 285/70/18...........or even a 295/70/18

I would rather runs a 285/65 or 285/70.........so I do not have to worry about rubbing anywhere and I also wont lose a ton of MPG

This small 26 gallon tank is hard to get used to, compared to my old F150 with a much nicer 36 gallon tank

On the 2019+ the issue is space between the rims and the upper ball joint. Seems like if you want to run a 12.5” wide tire, you need to change rims with a different offset, or run wheel spacers.

I hear you on the gas tank. My truck has a 24 gal.

Cherokee_fade

Intake tube, Cat back.
Running 87.
It feels quicker, But it could honestly have been the torque management and shift points.

Reactions: D45

D45

Explorer
I know Lew does a good job with custom Diablew tunes........but its also $515

A used Hypertech max energy is $200-$250

I liked the Pedal Commander on my old F150........being able to adjust on the fly was a great feature

The AFM is also very annoying to me.........and I am not 100% pleased with the Range device

Last edited:

Cherokee_fade

I have the smaller of the two. AFM, yes. Not sure about the throttle. Although it does seem more touchy now. Like the V8s of old.

D45

Explorer
I just bought a Diablo #8245 inTune programmer

Just the canned tuned for now......I'll see how it does and determined if I need or want custom tunes from Lew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles