2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I am concerned about going with something such as large as a 3.50" piped system, with backpressure
My 2500 6.0 has a 3.5” exhaust pipe from the factory, and makes less horsepower then your truck. I wouldn’t worry about it.

D45

Explorer
The gas mileage is a lot better than my 3.5L Eco F150

2012 F150:
3.73 gears
6 speed trans
275/65R20 tires
3.5L Ecoboost
Steady 13.5 mpg in the winter and 15.5 mpg the rest of the time

2016 Silverado
3.42 gears
8 speed trans
265/65R18 tires
5.3L L83
17.8 mpg city and 18.7 highway

buellconvert

That's great, which do you enjoy driving better? Has the code came back at all and are you back to running the Range AFM unit?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
I think the F150 had a larger interior cab room, no doubt

I occasionally do miss the 6.5' bed......but the tiny Silverado bed is also nice for trails and parking

I think the F150 rode a tad stiff, mostly of which I attribute to those terrible 20" tires

I am very glad my Silverado came with 18"

The code never came back, because I did not re-install the AFM device........I am curious what the MPGs will do, when I put some larger tires on the truck

buellconvert

That's strange, I've never had a code with my Range and can't imagine ever going back to the AFM crap, I hated it!

D45

Explorer
I am going to look at a custom tune that will also eliminate the AFM

I need to get my trans flushed also with the better fluid

D45

Explorer
I had 1500 pounds in the truck bed yesterday

Sagged alittle and handled very well

Still looking for tires......Hopefully find some soon

D45

Explorer
It will either be 295/70 or 285/65

Just depends on the price and condition I can find......hopefully able to buy used

Cherokee_fade

Keep us posted on the tune! I am also looking at diablew and the blackbear. My Range AFM delete likes to turn off randomly, but its never thrown a code. I really want to see what eliminating the torque management and changing shift points will do for the truck.

I know I'm late to the party, but just thought I'd share my experiences.

I would spend twice what I spent on quality shocks. Completely changes the feel of the truck, both on and off road. I can't say enough good things about my kings, and a buddy of mine has Fox 2.5 on his 2016 GMC. He agrees. Anybody weighing the added cost, should just wait and save. It's only money, lol

I have the Magnaflow kit on my truck, with the airraid intake tube. Sound was a little loud for me, so I had a buddy weld in a shorty high flow resonator. Now the truck sounds great, but there is no noticeable drone on the highway. I would assume any flow-through 14" muffler kit would be very similar. I did the intake tube first, and was surprised how much just that made a difference in sound. You might consider just having a muffler shop cut the flapper and stock muffler out, and replacing it with a flow through muffler of your choice.

D45

Explorer
Yes I haven't been overly impressed with the Range AFM device. For $100 I can't complain

A tune will be nice to have to help wake up the truck............all my extra funds are currently going towards my 1970 Duster with a 440

buellconvert

I completely agree on the shift points needing updated, that's one thing I dislike about mine, it's the oddest shifting truck I've ever driven. I guess GM designed it that way in an attempt to get the best fuel economy, but man it really affects the driveability in a negative way.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The gas mileage is a lot better than my 3.5L Eco F150

2012 F150:
3.73 gears
6 speed trans
275/65R20 tires
3.5L Ecoboost
Steady 13.5 mpg in the winter and 15.5 mpg the rest of the time

2016 Silverado
3.42 gears