2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

dverrastro

No rubbing with that set up??
used to be a little rub on the carpeted wheel well liner and a small corner of the inner fender, i cut back the carpeted liner a bit and notched out a smaller corner of the inner fender and smoothed it out with the flapper disk, then hit it with some black paint to eliminate rusting and kept a clean look.

Grassland

Alright D45 I'm voting for 285/75R18 now based on what dverrastro has been running.
You have a tuner and ported intake manifold to help offset that rolling mass.
That tire will look good on your truck

D45

Explorer
I am set now on a 2.5" front kit with a 2.5" rear block. Cost effective lift just using front spacers to re-use the factory struts

Removing the factory 1-1/4" block will net me a 1-1/4" rear lift

I will just have to get new rear shocks

If it boils down that the 2.5" overall kit isn't enough, I will consider and look at the 1.5" Zone body lift also

D45

Explorer
I just cant justify needing a 3.5" lift for $500-$600...…...

I will make a 2.5" kit work for me and my needs and save a ton of money also

With the current setup and the weight of the cap on the truck (and some gear in the bed):

The front sits roughly 1-7/8" lower than the rear

With a 2.5" block in the rear, the overall rear lift will be 1-1/4"

With a 2.5" front and a 2.5" rear block (1-1/4" lift) the front will sit 3/8" lower

I don't want the truck 100% leveled......I would like the rear to still sit atleast 1/2" taller

D45

Explorer
Not 100% keen on this idea, but I might buy these to keep the lift kit price down until I can find shocks I want

Rear shock extensions...…..

D45

Explorer
For $25 shipped I found a set of the rear shock extensions

My truck has rear Rancho shocks (I am sure they are nothing special, just red and a Rancho label), and while they are not the best they will be ok for alittle while until I can find the correct length shocks I want to run

D45

Explorer
This truck is a 2018 Silverado Z71, running factory 18" wheels with a 2.5" front / 2" rear lift block with 295/70R18 tires

IMG_20200124_165055_989.thumb.jpg.3419fdf7d33e74c0b359ba0b1970e93b.jpg

295/70R18; 34.3 " x 11.60"

tennesseewj

Observer
I just cant justify needing a 3.5" lift for $500-$600...…...

I will make a 2.5" kit work for me and my needs and save a ton of money also

With the current setup and the weight of the cap on the truck (and some gear in the bed):

The front sits roughly 1-7/8" lower than the rear

With a 2.5" block in the rear, the overall rear lift will be 1-1/4"

With a 2.5" front and a 2.5" rear block (1-1/4" lift) the front will sit 3/8" lower

I don't want the truck 100% leveled......I would like the rear to still sit atleast 1/2" taller
This seems like a good plan. I think if you were going to spend an additional $600 it would be better spent nixing the front spacers in favor of 6112s or similar coilovers.

It's amazing how much money can be wasted in marginal height gains if you're not careful.

For what it's worth my buddy has a truck very similar to yours running only front spacers with 285/70/17s on stock wheels and it looks really nice. Leveling out the front and filling up those wheels really adds a lot to these trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - 2wd & 4wd

Factory 17x8.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.44" Inches

Factory 18x8.5 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.70" Inches

Factory 20x9.0 Wheel Offset = +27 mm - Back Space = 6.06" Inches

Factory 22x9.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.94" Inches

Lug Pattern = 6 x 139.7

D45

Explorer
I finally wired up the 3 hole accessory outlet (switched) in the cap

I need to fine one or two small LED RV (wired) light strips...….its so dark in there

I am thinking of using short self tapping screws and mounting the to the aluminum window channels on each side.

Any other ideas or suggestions???

SoTxAg06

For $25 shipped I found a set of the rear shock extensions

My truck has rear Rancho shocks (I am sure they are nothing special, just red and a Rancho label), and while they are not the best they will be ok for alittle while until I can find the correct length shocks I want to run

It may be worth looking into trail boss take of shocks. They’re set up for a 2” lift from the factory. Probably would cost a little more, but it would do away with the spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
It may be worth looking into trail boss take of shocks. They’re set up for a 2” lift from the factory. Probably would cost a little more, but it would do away with the spacer

That's a good idea

Do the Trail Boss trucks have the same size mounting bolt hole?

How much lift do they come with ?

What brand factory shocks are they sold with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles