2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
The V8 sound with the Injen intake and ported throttle body is amazing. Sounds fantastic!

Definitely feels much stronger

Snapchat-1110038160.jpgSnapchat-1774927489.jpg

D45

Explorer
Just ordered a custom ported and massaged intake manifold......power hungry

Should be here in a week

D45

Explorer
So the Silverado bed has the plastic top bed rail caps

The front of the bed, the bulkhead area, is just covered with the factory spray on bedliner.......so there's a decent sized gap in height differences

When in installing a cap, how are people or installers filling in this gap?

Is there a plastic too bed rail trim piece available to install before a cap is set down?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Mine had some kind of 1/8" thick foam under the front "rail" when I took off the tonneau cover. I reused it when I put the cap down.

D45

Explorer
Thanks

I know they make a hard plastic top trim cap for the front bed rail.......but for the previous generation trucks

I would like to find something other than a foam strip

D45

Explorer
Westin # 72-11168 is what they sell for older Sierra and Silverado trucks

Hoping to find something for mine similar to this product

D45

Explorer
Going to look at a used Ranch brand truck cap today......pics later since I likely will buy it

D45

Explorer
I did buy the Ranch cap for $600

Front sliding window, side vented sliding windows, and frameless rear window

It has an LED third brake light and a battery powered LED light inside.

I need to order a roll of gasket sealing material before I reinstall the cap. There was an extremely thin strip already installed.......that I removed. It was only 1" wide and wasn't event 1/8" thick

The only odd thing about the cap, in my opinion, is the handle or knob on the front sliding window. The handle is on the outside of the window.........normal or not?

D45

Explorer
The cap is currently off the truck and hanging by ratchet straps in my garage

I ordered a front bulkhead gap sealer strip , made from EPDM for $20

I also ordered two nice rolls of EPDM gasket material for sealing the cap to the bed. One roll is flat and the other roll has two bulbs for compression. They were $60 for both.

I also ordered another adhesive handle for the inside of the front sliding window.

Hopefully everything will be delivered by Monday and I can install the cap permanently mid week.

The cap came with 6 clamps which is nice and solid for a bed under 6 feet. I have seen some 6.5' caps held down by 4 clamps.

I also need to run some power wire from the battery to a 3 hole outlet accessory box that I took off my old truck

Then also install the GM bed tie down hooks and see if I need addtional LED lighting for inside the bed, which is likely

D45

Explorer
I was thinking about ball joint angles and CV axle angles with lift kits

I ran across Zone Offroad's #ZONC9158 body lift kit for my truck. It's a 1.5" lift for $185 shipped

I could then get a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit and taller rear blocks for $150 shipped.

Both will give me still really good cv axle and ball joint angles and a 3.5" overall lift for under $350

I need to install the cap first to see the how much the bed sags and meadure front and rear fender height differences

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I did buy the Ranch cap for $600

Front sliding window, side vented sliding windows, and frameless rear window

It has an LED third brake light and a battery powered LED light inside.

I need to order a roll of gasket sealing material before I reinstall the cap. There was an extremely thin strip already installed.......that I removed. It was only 1" wide and wasn't event 1/8" thick

The only odd thing about the cap, in my opinion, is the handle or knob on the front sliding window. The handle is on the outside of the window.........normal or not?

Normal. Think about it, if you want to open the sliding window between the pickup cab and the shell, you would likely be inside the truck reaching backwards (through the truck slider) rather than being in the bed of the truck and reaching forward.

It does mean that if you don't have a sliding or opening rear window on your truck you can't open the sliding window on the shell, but why would you want to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne