2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
Looking at lifts and leveling kits, I guess I need to find out what kind of control arms my truck has

I know they are not aluminum, because a magnet sticks and holds to them

So the only two options left are forged or stamped

granite7

Nice looking truck!

Definitely stamped UCAs as someone else already mentioned. Standard opinion on lifts is 2.5” or less, unless you change UCA’s.

You should be able to fit 275/70R18 or 285/65R18 with a 1.85” level (think Bilstein 6112 or 5100).

If you want more height, the 4.5” CST is popular on our trucks.

If your light bar doesn’t work out, Rough Country makes a kit that mounts behind the grill in our 2016s.

Definitely get the new fluid for the 8 speed. The old fluid would collect moisture in wetter climates and cause shudder problems.

Keep an eye on your vacuum pump. There is a brake recall, but if you bought from a dealer recently you should already have it.

Something else to look at upgrading is the skid plates. The plastic plates are a joke. Aluminum upgrades are available.
5e20cde6ca1aaea1c8c801137ea1b257.jpg
64cab624451576c76f0a544f1db63809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
I helped to install two 2.5" front/2" rear kits on friends trucks

Both were easy and no issues with either kit. Both have been installed for around two years

I am leaning towards a 3" or 3.5" kit right now.......new upper control arms and a front diff drop seem to be needed as well

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I just ran the BDS 2" level on my truck. Tossed on some 18" Cragars and I was able to clear 34x12.50R18 BFG K02's with very minimal rubbing. Still off road and be fine kinda rubbing. Seemed like the best option for me without going full lift.

buellconvert

I've got 285/75r17 BFG KO2's on my 2016 on factory wheels and they have zero rubbing with my 2" level kit...fit perfect and look great to me

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D45

D45

Explorer
Trying to find out a few things, suspension and lift related:

At what point, are new upper control arms needed, to correct the ball joint angles?

At what point, does the front diff need a drop spacer kit, to correct CV angles?

At what point, does the frame crewmember have to be notched, for diff clearance issues?

At what point do the cooling fins, on the front diff, have to be cut down/off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior