2016 AWD Rogue Expo Platform...Would ya?

JakeH

Adventurer
Single speed AWD, unibody, low ground clearance & limited soft-reader credentials, but just pretend somebody GAVE you one for free. What would you do to it, where would you start? Strictly academic

kylevd23

Observer
I would start by selling it.

Haha, had to laugh at mires quote.

But if you're set on this platform, then that's what ya got. There is no limits to ingenuity, but on the bright side, you'll be getting great gas mileage on trips. You'll just be limited as far as power, cargo space depending on how many passengers, aftermarket parts, etc. But there are other expo vehicles that are less capable than the rogue that are roaming the earth. You'll just have to research carefully on where you can go, and what your AWD system can do for you.

I would probably start with tires, not sure if there are any lift options (i doubt it), but if you can get maybe a +1 size in all terrain tires, that would be a good start, and the rest would be up to you, maybe some lighting, racks, etc.

JakeH

Adventurer
Yeah, I'd probably sell it too, but I agree a rack on top & some all terrain tires are a must. And a tow hitch. Can you put steel bumpers on a unibody? The new jeep Cherokee is a very similar concept

docwatson

Adventurer
My wife and I have a 2015 Rogue and sometimes I look at it and think "would it work?" They do have a surprising amount of interior cargo space. The CVT is weird but regularly returns great MPGs. Plus I have great views with all the cameras. With AWD we have a center diff lock and descent control (up to 28mph I believe). In Missouri our AWD preformed admirably in poor conditions.

Its sold as the X-trail globally so there may be a small aftermarket for it soon. The biggest stock issue is approach angle. That front bumper has to change, but with that, a mild lift and new tires I think it would be a pretty decent option for exploring the backcountry. Its no X/Fronty/R51, but its plenty capable for what it is.

bigskypylot

Explorer
My wife and I have a 2015 Rogue and sometimes I look at it and think "would it work?" They do have a surprising amount of interior cargo space. The CVT is weird but regularly returns great MPGs. Plus I have great views with all the cameras. With AWD we have a center diff lock and descent control (up to 28mph I believe). In Missouri our AWD preformed admirably in poor conditions.

Its sold as the X-trail globally so there may be a small aftermarket for it soon. The biggest stock issue is approach angle. That front bumper has to change, but with that, a mild lift and new tires I think it would be a pretty decent option for exploring the backcountry. Its no X/Fronty/R51, but its plenty capable for what it is.

I would liken it to using a Subaru to some extents. If you can make it work, why not. If that is what you have, you work with it if you don't wanna sell it.

JakeH

Adventurer
We took a bone stock rogue AWD from enterprise rental up pikes peak a few years back & it handled snow dirt & mud without drama. I'm sure the new ones are even more capable. We do see the occasional x-trail in Houston, they sell them in Mexico I guess. Very Subaru-ish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles