*SOLD* 2016 AEV Prospector XL 6.7 Cummins - Charlotte, NC

nlscooby

Observer
AEV 1.0.jpeg
I’m selling this PXL to offset a second home purchase. The truck began as a Big Horn Edition, but features AEV’s beautiful F-1 leather. I’ve had 4 leather equipped (Dodge) Ram Cummins powered trucks and this leather is far superior to any OEM Laramie leather. This truck was originally built by AEV as a standard Prospector in 2016, but then went back to AEV in 2017 for the complete XL treatment (and then some). It is a fully built/documented AEV PXL (as reflected in the AEV VIN). I just added the newly released AEV Intercooler Skid Plate last week as well.

The interior and exterior are in excellent condition. It’s a nicely featured truck from the factory, with the large touchscreen, Alpine stereo, Heated steering wheel, heated seats, power fold-in mirrors, tow package, winter snow plow prep, etc… No sun-roof – so there’s extra head room and no future leaks/issues to worry about. In addition to the AEV PXL goodies, the AMP Research retractable steps are one of my favorite options they installed.

The truck was deleted and has a very mild 50 hp tune to optimize power and fuel mileage. I drove nearly 500 miles in one day and it got 18.8 mpg (driving 70 mph nearly the entire time) with some of that trip being through the mountains. I was shocked that a 7500 lb truck on 40’s with 4:30 gears could cruise so effortlessly and get such good mileage. It put my Land Cruiser 200 series to shame. I’ve towed my track-car on a featherlite trailer a few times and you have to remind yourself that its back there….the backup camera helps for that reason alone!

I’ve listed the standard AEV Prospector XL items below, the additional AEV options and then a few extras added on such as the bed-slide. I have a full sized spare but haven’t decided how to mount it. There are a few options out there so I’ll let the new owner decide.
Mileage may go up as I do drive it on weekends.

Located: Charlotte, NC
Price: $72,750 OBO. price drop $68.5k
Mileage
: 49,850

AEV ID #: 2016-004
AEV VIN# GG101810 PROSP XL
Mfg. Date: 03/2017

AEV-STANDARD EQUIPMENT
AEV 3” DualSport Suspension Lift
AEV 3” DS Suspension Spacer
AEV Stamped Steel Front Bumper
AEV Winch Mount
AEV Front Bumper Lighting
AEV Black Rear Bumper
AEV Heat Reduction Hood
AEV Highmark Front Flares
AEV Highmark Rear Flare Kit- w/o Ram Box
Front Bumper Corner Kit (XL)
AEV HD 17” Katla Wheels – Black
40” Toyo Mud Terrain Tires
40” Spare Tire- Black Katla (40”)
AEV Hydro Steering Assist
4:30 Gear Ratio Upgrade- Front
4:30 Gear Ratio Upgrade- Rear
AEV Front Differential Cover
AEV Rear Differential Cover
AEV Rear Splash Guards
Tire Pressure Sensors (TPMS)
Rear Axle Shaft Gasket
Cummins Badge
AEV Pro-Cal
AEV Windshield Banner
AEV Grill and Tailgate Badges
AEV Build Plaque
AEV Logo Headrests
AEV Prospector XL Badge
AEV Anti-Glare Hood Application

AEV- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT AEV F-1 Leather Upgrade
AEV Intercooler skid plate
AEV Raised Air Intake – Air Ram
16.5K Warn Winch
Vision X LED Off-Road Lights
Amp Research Retractable Side Steps
Amp Research Retractable Bed Step
AEV Tonneau Cover
Rear Vision System

Add-ons:

BedSlide 1000
BedSlide BedBin Side Kix Bins
Husky floor mats F/R
Factor 55 Flatlink XXL Heavy Duty Shackle

Engine Tune:
GDP (Gorilla Diesel Performance) 50 HP Tow Tune (very mild)
GDP EGR delete plate
Flow Pro 4” exhaust
DEF, DPF delete

Attachments

• AEV 1.1.jpeg
    AEV 1.1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,308
  • AEV 3.jpeg
    AEV 3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,501
  • AEV 4.jpeg
    AEV 4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,446
  • AEV 8.jpeg
    AEV 8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,370
  • AEV 10.0.jpeg
    AEV 10.0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,373
  • AEV 10.1.jpeg
    AEV 10.1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,351
  • AEV 1.2.jpeg
    AEV 1.2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,435
  • AEV 2.1.jpeg
    AEV 2.1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,391
  • AEV 7.jpeg
    AEV 7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,193
Last edited:

HaasSalesGuy80

I really love these. I live nearby and this is very tempting. I'm in sales and I can't quite sell my wife on it...but I'm trying. Good luck with the sale even if it's not me.

nlscooby

Observer
I really love these. I live nearby and this is very tempting. I'm in sales and I can't quite sell my wife on it...but I'm trying. Good luck with the sale even if it's not me.
Bring the wife by and go for a ride! It's Mother's Day on Sunday - what a perfect way to show her you care. OK - I'm not a sales guy...... Good luck convincing her. Ooo, or tell her its your zombie apocalypse vehicle and you need it to protect her and the family. You're doing it for her...

HaasSalesGuy80

Bring the wife by and go for a ride! It's Mother's Day on Sunday - what a perfect way to show her you care. OK - I'm not a sales guy...... Good luck convincing her. Ooo, or tell her its your zombie apocalypse vehicle and you need it to protect her and the family. You're doing it for her...
We are talking about your truck on my podcast. I'll link it once its uploaded, but we are recording now. BS Car Guys.

Edoutdoors

Beautiful truck, can you tell me what the payload is on the sticker on the drivers door jamb? Looking to put a truck and pop up camper package together so this is important info.

nlscooby

Observer
Sorry for the delayed response. The sticker in the door jam GVWR is 10,000 lbs. (GAWR-Front 6,000 lbs, GAWR-Rear is 6390 lbs.)
Let me know if you'd like any other info!

cobro92

Just out of curiosity, why is this? If you're able to keep it street legal, why can't he? Just comes down to personal risk tolerance with regards to regulations or what am I missing?

PS: Gorgeous truck!!

Different states and localities have different laws around emissions standards. In my home state (Colorado) they are very strict. There is no way in hell I’d be able to pass an emissions check with the delete mod, and thus would have no way to register the vehicle. There’s really no way around it, at least in my state.

However, perhaps the OP lives in a state or locality where he can get away with it. Believe me, I wish I could do the same because this is a gorgeous vehicle. But for me, the delete makes this truck a non-starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nlscooby

Observer
This is correct. There are different rules/standards even between counties of the same state. Diesel powered vehicles in N. Carolina only require an annual safety inspection. In "the South" its very common to see deleted trucks even advertised by dealers. I actually think Georgia and Florida may not require gas nor diesel vehicle emissions testing/inspection of at all! (I could be incorrect). It's confusing for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94