2015 Ram 5500 Laramie Toy Hauler / RV Camper

coryh

Time has come to list the rig. Built to be a mobile garage and camper (with function first) that could carry all the gear (securely inside) and allow space for sleeping also. Easily room for 2 dirt bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 4 pairs of skis, all the related gear all inside, and can still sleep in the bunk and cook. Super easy to load unload. Looks "commercial" and blends in well.

All aluminum box build, professionally done, painted to match the truck. I personally did all the interior, it's no 5 star hotel, function first. Few items of finish inside that could be completed or improved (ex the back wall TuckTape), but again, its function over fashion inside.

Twin size bunk, fridge (12v), microwave, small sink all inside also. Insulated, with diesel heat.
All the extras in the photos (chairs, bedding, water jugs, kitchen items, etc) are negotiable.

Chassis and box both in great shape, no real issues to report beyond the expected odd stone chip and some tree branch marks. Some small paint blisters around rear door hinges. Minimal rust on chassis, been diligent with touching up rust proofing. The solar panels are working, but have discolored some and the plastic covering is faded.

Truck is registered in Alberta (Canada) as an RV. Typically located in the Kootenays in BC (Canada).
If you are located in the US and interested, likely could arrange shipping/transport if required.

Spring update--> $95,000 CAD
$89,000 CAD

cory DOT m DOT hancock AT gmail DOT com

Some photos at end, and more at link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qhXWUQgc3x7TnA67A (updated May 2022)

Truck Chassis
  • 2015 Ram 5500 Laramie Crew Cab Chassis Cab, 197" wb, 84CA
  • Purchased new in 2017
  • Currently 72,414km (as of May 2022)
  • Cummins Diesel, stock
  • Millage 19 to 23 L/100Km
  • 4x4, 4.44 axel
  • Sailun s740 tires (M&S and winter snowflake rated), approx. 10,000km on them
  • 2 new truck batteries (March 2020)
  • Full size spare
  • Granite crystal metallic paint (box painted to match)
  • Heated (front and rear), cooled (front), leather seats, heated steering wheel
  • 8.4" Uconnect system with premium audio and nav
  • Remote start
  • Ambulance prep group
  • Rubber flooring (carpet delete)
  • Dual fuel tanks (196 and 83L)
  • Rear view camera
  • Typical weight, empty 12,600lbs
  • Regular oil changes, no mechanical issues to report

Truck Other
  • Fab Fours Black Steel Elite Bumper, winch capable (bumper is VERY solid)
  • LED bar on bumper, switched to aux and high beam switches
  • LED reverse lights installed on fender flairs, switched to aux
  • Tubular steel side steps
  • Front mud flaps
  • Rhino Rack Heavy Duty roof rack with aluminum basket (holds spare tire)
  • Over all approx. 25' long tip to tail, just sub 12' high

Body
  • 12' long, 8' wide, ~6.5' high (inside)
  • All aluminum constriction
  • Buyers poly storage box on both driver and passenger sides, 120v and 12v power in passenger side box
  • 75L external water tank w. drain spout
  • 12v washdown pump and hose, fed from water tank
  • Basecamp propane shower unit (typically stored in passenger side box), runs off a water jug
  • Side and rear LED lights
  • Side door, freezer style latch with keyed dead bolt
  • Rear barn doors w. cam lock closure
  • 2.5" 10,000lb hitch with 2" reducer

Interior
  • Rubber floor
  • All walls foam insulated, covered by plywood then industrial vinyl back carpet
  • Celling insulated, covered with fiber board
  • Roof vent, w. exhaust fan (new vent lid also to be provided)
  • Interior fan w. usb port above bunk
  • Window in door, opening w. small intake fan
  • Window back driver side, emergency opening
  • Twin size bunk with 6" foam mattress hung from celling (max capacity ~200lbs)
  • E-track and hooks everywhere
  • Metal 6' tall storage cabinet with Rubbermaid bins
  • Metal celling storage cabinets
  • Husky tool chest/box (easily removable if desired)

Amenities
  • Goal Zero Yeti 1250 power pack chained to 2nd 100Ah battery, provides power to living area
  • Charged by truck, with low voltage disconnect
  • Charged by 120v shore connection
  • 200w solar on roof
  • Cell phone booster, external antenna and internal amp
  • All LED lights inside
  • Microwave, runs off (3-4min max) Goal Zero
  • Eberspaecher (Espar) AirTronic D2 diesel heater, fed from truck tank, altitude compensation module and digital thermostat (will keep unit at 20c even at -15c outside)
  • Sink mounted in counter, fed from fresh water jug, drains to gray water jug
  • Whynter FM-45G 45-Quart Fridge,12v or 120v powered, digital control (presently removed, can include)

IMG_20191113_140205764_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191113_140445122_HDR.jpg

PXL_20220510_183908933.MP.jpg

PXL_20220510_184119957.MP.jpg

PXL_20220510_184425507.MP.jpg

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Nice Clean rig! GLWS

Question if ya don't mind. I have the same truck, and planning on installing the same heater in the same manner.

Any tricks to the install? Is the aux fuel outlet on the tank already plumbed to the bottom? I am assuming the fuel pump of the vehicle doesn't pressurize the aux line and feed the heater? That is what I am mainly confused on. Thanks

coryh

Thanks!

There is a totally seperate 2nd fuel tap on the tank, built for an aux upfit. I had the body builder leave the aux hose where I could reach it (access is hard with the body on) then I just connected that line to the espar line when I installed the heater.

It was quite easy. The aux tap functions totally independent of the truck system and will only draw fuel till 1/4 tank or so. The only tips I would have is follow the heater install instructions, keep the line as short as you can (makes it easier/quicker to prime which can involve starting the heater, having it no start time out, then cycling power a few times), ensure the lines don't suck any air. Mine will loose its prime sometimes after sitting for a few months w/o using the heater.

Aside from fuel, run the combustion air and exhaust hoses in locations they won't take on water or dirt too.

Good luck!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Thanks!

There is a totally seperate 2nd fuel tap on the tank, built for an aux upfit. I had the body builder leave the aux hose where I could reach it (access is hard with the body on) then I just connected that line to the espar line when I installed the heater.

It was quite easy. The aux tap functions totally independent of the truck system and will only draw fuel till 1/4 tank or so. The only tips I would have is follow the heater install instructions, keep the line as short as you can (makes it easier/quicker to prime which can involve starting the heater, having it no start time out, then cycling power a few times), ensure the lines don't suck any air. Mine will loose its prime sometimes after sitting for a few months w/o using the heater.

Aside from fuel, run the combustion air and exhaust hoses in locations they won't take on water or dirt too.

Good luck!

Perfect! Thank you very much

coryh

Another bump for a price update and new photo.
If you are interested, feel free to reach out and lets chat.
If you are US based, I'm open to shipping or delivery if needed.
Truck has been parked all summer (with some short drives to prevent it from sitting too long) so no new millage.

P_20170907_181700 (Large).jpg

coryh

Curious with those gears and tires, what’s your rpm at 75mph?
I'm not too sure off hand unfortunately, if I recall, around 2500rpm? It will cruse at 75mph fine, but millage goes down quickly beyond 60mph. I found typically on highway, I would cruse around 65-70mph (~110kph) and it was happy, and would get around 10-11mpg (22L/100km). Cruising around 50mph (80kph) it would get over 12mpg (sub 20 L/100km).

draaronr

Adventurer
I'm not too sure off hand unfortunately, if I recall, around 2500rpm? It will cruse at 75mph fine, but millage goes down quickly beyond 60mph. I found typically on highway, I would cruse around 65-70mph (~110kph) and it was happy, and would get around 10-11mpg (22L/100km). Cruising around 50mph (80kph) it would get over 12mpg (sub 20 L/100km).
yeah I have the 4.88s in mine and thinking of dropping down to 4.10s. I tow a little but run empty a lot, Im at 2600 range now
i always think ill drive 65 but that never happens I am a 75mph driver on the highways, and I run about 45k miles a year of highway

coryh

yeah I have the 4.88s in mine and thinking of dropping down to 4.10s. I tow a little but run empty a lot, Im at 2600 range now
i always think ill drive 65 but that never happens I am a 75mph driver on the highways, and I run about 45k miles a year of highway
If I was to do it again, I would get the lower ratio if possible. In the 5500's though, its hard to find/might not be an option.

coryh

A bump because Christmas is coming. Truck as basically been parked all summer/fall so no new millage to report.
If interested, feel free to make an offer and we can discuss!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles