SOLD! 2015 Ram 3500 MegaCab Cummins with AEV XL kit & iKamper RTT: Las Vegas

CTDJeeperman

SOLD!

UPDATE: I temporarily pulled this off market for a few months due to COVID. It's back up for sale with a price drop and new equipment added to truck. Selling to make room for something else, I will likely switch to a Rivian Truck to try something different.

PRICE: $64,900 OBO ($59,900 without iKamper / accessories / rack)

2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn MegaCab with @ 59K miles
Granite Crystal exterior with grey interior (5 seat setup with center console)
6.7 Cummins, Aisin 6 spd HD auto trans, & 4x4
(The Aisin is the trans in the 4500/5500 and an option in the 3500, it's an outstanding HD transmission)
Factory engine/emissions (no tunes/deletes, still has factory Cummins warranty)
Dealer installed AEV Prospector XL kit (not built buy AEV so not technically a Prospector XL)
AEV flares
AEV bumper
AEV hood
AEV snorkel
AEV suspension
AEV wheels with Cooper 40"x13.50"R17 STT Pros (5 total)
AEV/PSC Hydraulic Steering
AEV Procal (speedometer tuned perfect)
Warn 16.5 TI winch
4.56 Nitro Gears (rear is 11.8")
Front Eaton E-Locker
Rear LSD
Custom Bed Rack Powdercoated Black
Dark Grey IKamper with all options (awning/annex/etc)
B&W turnover Gooseneck ball in bed
Black Spray in Bedliner
Deep Tint Windows (great in Vegas summer)
Dometic CFX-50 Fridge (usually mounted behind drivers seat with seat down; opens completely inside truck)
Decked Truckbed storage system (I highly recommend this mod)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but those are the highlights.

I don't need to sell, but am thinking about trying a Rivian (electric truck)

Here's a build thread of it....

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 10.49.37 PM.png

IMG_0203.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 11.03.52 AM.png

IMG_0193.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 10.42.56 PM.png
IMG_4121.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_4103-3.jpg

Last edited:

CTDJeeperman

just curious / forumdreaming but what kind of mpg + fuel capacity does this run?

The truck gets 12-15 MPG (usually 13-14 with mixed driving. Does best cruising @ 65 mph. If I go that slow it will do 16-18. The 4.56 gearing helps. Overall for how huge and powerful it is I think it does pretty well on fuel. I just did the White Rim Trail and it averaged @ 9 mpg on that.

The truck has the factory 31 gal tank. So it will make it @ 375-400 miles. These trucks need a 50+ gallon tank.

Here's some more pictures
Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 7.54.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 7.55.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 7.55.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 7.54.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 7.54.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.54.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Super-nice truck! I have a question. I am looking for a truck to tow a trailer. We are planning to travel to South America, and then possibly Africa with the same setup. My concern is the ULSD, which will hardly be available in those countries. Do you know if Cummins does offer any solutions for running with high-sulfur diesel?

Thanks!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Why is this so expensive, am I missing something??
I am sure the OP can give you better insight but the Prospector kit alone is $18,000. ( https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/prospector-xl/prospector-xl-build-price/#/ )
The iKamper (with bits) is $5,000 and the e-Locker, LSD, Gears, Steering, Winch, are all pricy on their own, but add in the labor to install and pricy++.
If you do a search on the internet the price certainly seems in line with the market, and I'd venture it is a 'good deal' IMO, YMMV

Last edited:

CTDJeeperman

Sorry for the very long time to reply to PMs and questions. I've been dealing with some serious family medical issues.

Truck has right at 58,000 miles. I'll get some interior pics. It's dirty from King of the Hammers, which was spectacular as always.

Yes these trucks are expensive, but I'm negotiable on realistic offers. The AEV components, gears, locker, iKamper, rack, winch, etc all add up to a lot of money. It cost a lot more to build...

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beautiful vehicle. would work great as a tug for my camper. Where is the spare tire and is ti full sized? any ideas on where to install a second spare?

Dale

CTDJeeperman

The spare is currently strapped down in the bed, but the iKamper rack is designed to support a typical spare tire winch so you can mount it under the iKamper on the existing rack. The factory spare is still there and that spot I think will hold @ a 35" spare. With the 4.56 gears and 40"s it's geared even lower than a stock truck, so it should tow your camper great even Offroad

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm running 4.56 Nitro's with my T4R on 32" tires. I'd love to have that setup on 40's with your gearing. Incredible rig!! Is the present spare a 40"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles