2015 RAM 3500 DRW to SRW conversion - what backspace is needed?

ATCws

anyone know offhand what backspace is needed to convert to SRW? Also, will Ford 8 lug fit this RAM?

ttengineer

Adventurer
I’m pretty sure on a newer Ram the axle length is negligibly larger on a DRW. We are talking millimeters not inches.

I want to say it’s less than an inch difference. Which when you consider it’s centered the same you’re looking at less than half an inch on each side.

If so, Id run the same wheel on all 4 corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATCws

I’m pretty sure on a newer Ram the axle length is negligibly larger on a DRW. We are talking millimeters not inches.

I want to say it’s less than an inch difference. Which when you consider it’s centered the same you’re looking at less than half an inch on each side.

If so, Id run the same wheel on all 4 corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats what I've read on an AEV forum also. someone said it was a 1/2 inch difference in length in total.

ttengineer

Adventurer
thats what I've read on an AEV forum also. someone said it was a 1/2 inch difference in length in total.

If it is ½” difference, then you’re looking at a quarter inch side to side. That’s like 7mm.

Run the same wheel on all 4 corners and save yourself money and headache.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darwin

Explorer
I think it is more around a few inches difference if you are talking the standard Ram dually. It's closer on the cab and chassis with the front hub spacer removed. The rear axle lengths are different from the cab and chassis as compared to the regular dually pickup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online