2015 Ram 2500 Carli/Thuren Build W/Four Wheel Camper

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Wonder why Carli or Don doesn't offer those if the OEMs are so 'bad'?

Great question. I don’t know if the stock is “bad” other than the recall for the nuts on the drag link. I just saw it as a great excuse to upgrade since Chrysler paid for half

Explorerinil

Observer
Great question. I don’t know if the stock is “bad” other than the recall for the nuts on the drag link. I just saw it as a great excuse to upgrade since Chrysler paid for half
Maby the stock isn’t rally bad, just synergy is so much better than stock

Boz

Observer
Back in the day don had a steering set up for ram trucks, I had one on my 2nd gen. I don’t know why he doesn’t make it anymore. As for carli, I don’t know, maby because there focus seams to be suspension, I realize they got into the ball joint and mount mounts now, they are filling a void in the market.

He still has his HD steering with heim joints for 03-12 3500's and 03-13 2500's.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Since everyone is talking steering, I'm getting the knocking in the steering wheel over bumps. i can feel it when I turn the wheel side to side when in the driveway. I ordered the little bushings EMF makes for the intermediate shaft hoping that fixes it and that I don't need ball joints. Anyone else have this issue and was able to fix it without a ball joint replacement?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Since everyone is talking steering, I'm getting the knocking in the steering wheel over bumps. i can feel it when I turn the wheel side to side when in the driveway. I ordered the little bushings EMF makes for the intermediate shaft hoping that fixes it and that I don't need ball joints. Anyone else have this issue and was able to fix it without a ball joint replacement?

Those emf spacers really helped my “wandering” steering. I also installed a synergy steering brace at the same time too.

But those spacers are a legit improvement. I doubt they will cure a knock though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gibby56

Desert Rat

I would check your track bar and body mounts first. I’ve had both loosen up on me and cause a knock that could be felt in the steering

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I would check your track bar and body mounts first. I’ve had both loosen up on me and cause a knock that could be felt in the steering

Thanks. The track bar got changed to a THuren a couple of weeks ago. I'll check the body mounts this weekend and also jack it up to check the tie rod ends.

Gibby56

Desert Rat
I would still double check the torque spec on the track bar at the axle. That’s where mine loosened up

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Back in the day don had a steering set up for ram trucks, I had one on my 2nd gen. I don’t know why he doesn’t make it anymore. As for carli, I don’t know, maby because there focus seams to be suspension, I realize they got into the ball joint and mount mounts now, they are filling a void in the market.
Don's heim setup was for a 4-6" lift and required the knuckles being drilled out.
The Synergy setup is working for me.

blackdmax15

Observer
Hey Gibby I see you have the full Synergy steering kit. I was just going to order the drag link, because I thought my Thuren/King steering stabilizer wouldn’t fit. Looks like yours does no issues. Did you have to modify anything Tom get it to work? Would you change anything or just do the whole kit over again due to the metal on metal links in the tie rod? I’m going through and updating a few things currently and not sure if I should spend that extra 550 on something else. Anyone else feel free to pm me as well. Thanks.

Explorerinil

Observer
Hey Gibby I see you have the full Synergy steering kit. I was just going to order the drag link, because I thought my Thuren/King steering stabilizer wouldn’t fit. Looks like yours does no issues. Did you have to modify anything Tom get it to work? Would you change anything or just do the whole kit over again due to the metal on metal links in the tie rod? I’m going through and updating a few things currently and not sure if I should spend that extra 550 on something else. Anyone else feel free to pm me as well. Thanks.
I got the full synergy kit with their brace and Fox stabilizer, it really tightened up the steering. All components are allot stronger than stock... you won’t go wrong.

Gibby56

Desert Rat

Everything bolted right up and feels great! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Just to be clear, you have to order the optional bolt on stabilizer mount. I measured the stock mount distance to get a starting point then bolted everything up. Checked clearance lock to lock, made some minor adjustments to the location of the mount on the tie rod (slid it 1/8” to the drivers side), and then torqued to spec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94