2015 Jeepster speculation

haven

Expedition Leader
Car and Driver has several spy photos, and an article that speculates about what the new subcompact 4x4 Jeep might be like. They call it the Jeepster, but there's no official word about what the vehicle will be named.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-jeep-jeepster-spy-photos-news

Ideas about the new vehicle include
-- based on Fiat 500X chassis, a wider version of the 500L
-- mild suspension lift, mud and snow tires optional
-- 1.4L turbocharged gas four cylinder engine, similar to the Fiat 500 Abarth
-- six speed manual trans, six speed dual clutch automatic optional
-- front wheel drive, AWD optional
-- priced similar to Jeep Compass and Patriot

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's a Fiat 500L, outfitted for this year's SEMA show. Fiat calls this the Adventurer

Fiat500LSEMA.jpg

Imagine this vehicle with Jeep visual cues like trapezoidal wheel openings and seven slot grille, and I think you've got a look at the new smallest Jeep. With an overall length of 162 inches, the 500L is about the same size as the current Mini Countryman All4, Nissan Juke, or the 1996-2000 Toyota RAV4.

kerryp

I hope that is not what it looks like. Sorry, But no jeep name should be associated with that.

@CigarsNJeeps

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If this where they are headed, along with Wranglers with IFS, I'm done. Once the wife's Rubicon is paid off, we'll sell it and buy the cleanest '03-'04 double cab Tacoma we can find. I was hoping to trade the Rube on a new diesel one...

cgnjeep

Observer
If this where they are headed, along with Wranglers with IFS, I'm done. Once the wife's Rubicon is paid off, we'll sell it and buy the cleanest '03-'04 double cab Tacoma we can find. I was hoping to trade the Rube on a new diesel one...

So if Jeep makes the new Wrangler with IFS, Why sell a 2011 Rubicon with solid front axles for a 03-04 Tacoma with IFS? Makes no sense... I think some people just like to be angry for the hell of it...
As for the "Jeepster", I don't really care what Jeep does as long as their vehicles are the most off road capable in their class and they don't mess with the Wrangler.

Last edited:

SquareLJ

Observer
I find it rather ironic that the new Jeep is being desinged in Italy... Jeep's heritage started with taking Italy down. Now, it is in Italy, where the Jeep brand will die.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I find it rather ironic that the new Jeep is being desinged in Italy... Jeep's heritage started with taking Italy down. Now, it is in Italy, where the Jeep brand will die.

Enzo Ferrari once said that the only true American sports car was the Jeep CJ.

kingg5

Adventurer

so let me get this straight. you dont want ifs jeep...but a ifs tacoma will do? your thought process is quite odd.

kingg5

Adventurer

thats not a jeep. its a cross platform machine.

the jeep wrangler is still designed and built in good ole usa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles