2015 GMC Canyon

deadly99

Explorer
Added a set of 32 inch Duratracs (255/75/17). They seem to fit quite well.

Borla Pro XS muffler added. Not to loud, gives it a bit of grumble (as much as a v6 can have, lol). Pleased with it.

CAI from K&N sitting in the shop waiting on me to install it.

Brackets for a 48 inch curved led light bar arrived from Addictive Desert Designs. Haven't ordered the light bar yet. Photo below shows the a test fit of the brackets.

A 30 inch light bar has been ordered to insert into the front grill.

12, 000 km on the truck so far. Drivers side rear axle seal is leaking, a few other items for the dealer to address on Thursday as well as its first oil change.

IMG_20150615_192810_hdr.jpg

IMG_20150615_192756_hdr.jpg

Working on a mount on the floor in the back for my Goal Zero aux battery and a few other little things to get the truck ready for some planned overnight trips this summer.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
You've had quite a bit of issues for 12000 km's

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

DanR7985

Observer
It's looking good. I got the toolbox put on my Colorado last night before the rain hit so I wasn't able to get much in there, the small round mirrors on my side view mirrors, I have the transfer case skid plate ordered, and I have the door sill protectors on. So far that is all I have done, slowly but surely it is getting there.

deadly99

Explorer
You've had quite a bit of issues for 12000 km's

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Yes and no. A first generation of any vehicle will have some teething issues (IMHO). The issues have all been quite minor and like any new truck its all covered under warranty. This will be its second visit to the dealership. Annoying? Yes Expected? Yes All in all I am quite stoked on the truck, it's fun to drive. Give me another year or so before I have a fully qualified opinion on whether it makes a decent long distance off road vehicle. ALOT of thought went into whether to get this or a taco. The mpg, extra HP, the interior finishing, etc won me over...but I knew buying a first gen was going to come with some growing pains.

I cannot believe I just found this. I really like these trucks and I was wondering when someone was going to put one up here. I like Toyota, don't get me wrong, but it is nice to see something different every now and then. Keep up the good work!

deadly99

Explorer
Got the truck back. no issues from the dealer. The few things it had issues with were resolved...stoked on that

Put some 1 inch wheel spacers on it. Partly to alleviate some small rubbing the new wheels were doing and partly to give it a more aggressive stance. Turned out I had to cut about 1cm of off the lug nuts.

IMG_20150619_151235.jpg

IMG_20150619_184711.jpg

IMG_20150619_184726.jpg

IMG_20150619_184747.jpg

deadly99

Explorer
I like the way it sits. Good work.

Thanks, me too :)

Installed a K&N cai this morning. Certainly gave it some sound...much louder than I was expecting. I'll run it for a couple of weeks before I make the final verdict on whether it stays in. Might be just in my head but it seems like it made the throttle a bit more responsive.

IMG_20150622_100819.jpg

IMG_20150622_100836.jpg

FLoffroad1

Observer
That sure is an interesting angle/position for the throttle body.
K&N looks good though; I had a K&N drop-in on my Sport Trac, and I loved the intake noise.

Maybe look into using a prefilter (outerwears or k&n drycharger), as k&n filters are pretty well known for letting a lot of dirt/dust through in dusty conditions.

deadly99

Explorer
The cai is a bit loud for my tastes, I'll be removing it later today. One of those things I thought I wanted and realized after that a loud truck isn't really what I like.

Was out with some buddies running some local trails yesterday. I'm surprised at how well the Duratracs handle the mud, we've had some rain here recently and parts of the trails were quite slick.

IMG_20150622_154820.jpg

IMG_20150622_155540.jpg

IMG_20150622_154835.jpg

IMG_20150622_164829.jpg

imagejpeg_32.jpg

imagejpeg_2_0.jpg

deadly99

Explorer
After much internal debate about what to do for storage I settled on this solution. Price was right and it is easily removed within 5 minutes leaving me to use the truck bed for motorbikes and whatnot. Each solution I looked at had pros and cons. Some were the price, others were practicality, etc.

IMG_20150625_061140.jpg

IMG_20150624_173912.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles