2015 G550 SRS Module problem

reinkar

Good day everyone!

I have 2015 G550 that recently was transported on a platform. Truck has no visible damage anywhere, has never been in an accident, airbags have never been activated, etc. The truck had no mechanical issues before.
After transporting I got an SRS light and when scanned the error code is "B009996 - The rolloversensor has a malfunction. There is an internal component fault." The computer won't let me erase the code since it is active.
I believe that when the truck was loaded on the platform the inclination triggered rollover sensor. As far as I was able to investigate, this sensor is inside of the SRS module. I talked to the dealership but they just say that the SRS module is bad and I have to change it.
Has anybody encountered similar situation before? I took the car to local shop that specializes on MBs and they tried to reset and reprogram the SRS module (same what is usually done after accident when airbags are deployed), but this did not work.
Is there anything else I could check/do before buying and installing a new module? If not, where may I buy one?

Thank you for help!

Metric

Sorry to hear about your trouble. There are several MB dealers around the country who parts desks have e-commerce websites for purchasing MB parts with discounted pricing.

Two sites that I use often are mboemparts dot com and MB of wappinger falls in NY

reinkar

Sorry to hear about your trouble. There are several MB dealers around the country who parts desks have e-commerce websites for purchasing MB parts with discounted pricing.

Two sites that I use often are mboemparts dot com and MB of wappinger falls in NY
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier