2015 Ford F150

haven

Expedition Leader
Ford is expected to unveil the all-new 2015 version of the F150 pickup at the Detroit Auto Show in January. Many observers believe the new F150 will make extensive use of aluminum in body panels and other parts to reduce the pickup's curb weight. Lighter weight means better performance and improved mpg. How much the aluminum will add to the price of the F150 remains to be seen.

The Ecoboost 3.5L V6 has been a major success in the current F150. Autos.ca, a Canadian auto site, is reporting the rumor that Ford will offer a smaller Ecoboost in the 2015 F150. Today, the F150's base engine is a 3.7L normally aspirated iron block V6 that produces 302 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque, and has an EPA highway rating of 21 mpg (in the 4x4 truck). The twin turbo, 2.7L aluminum V6 is expected to be rated at 320 hp and 370 pound-feet of torque, while providing improvements in mpg.

We'll know the full story in two weeks, when the curtain will be lifted on the 2015 F150.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
If they can make it to market with a truck that looks like that Atlas concept, then it will be sweet! I think that the F150 has fallen behind in styling over the last couple years and this could be a big help. Also very interested to see if the aluminum body panels make it to the production trucks. If nothing else it should allow for a few hundred extra pounds of payload capacity.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
The Atlas concept is going to be produced Ford has already confirmed that. As far as styling goes I think it is all in taste. If you ask me the There are far uglier trucks then the F150 but that is just my Opinion.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hopefully,they can improve the approach and departure angles. At least as good as the Tundras. Chevy's and Dodge's are in the same boat. Everyone's trying to squeak another 0.5 mpg while rendering the truck useless once it leaves the highway.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I think Ford has really read the tea leaves on where trucks are needing to go. Much lighter, smaller, more efficient engines. I think this 2.7 has very sufficient numbers for typcal 1/2 ton use. Frankly, they are equivalent to v8 numbers of only a few years ago. Really looking forward to hearing fuel economy numbers. Maybe 25-30 mpg? Sign me up (if you make the payments).

haven

Expedition Leader
Edmunds.com bought a new F150, and wondered how difficult/expensive it is to repair its aluminum body panels. First, they had to add a couple of dents

I'll add the update about the cost of the repair when it becomes available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles