2015 f150 transmission issues?

D

Deleted member 9101

Dealer says it's the frame lead connector. $1,250. Damn it. I looked it up, the symptoms and the part match a recall Ford did to 1.3 million 2011-2013 F150's with the same transmission I have. Sounds like maybe Ford never corrected the leadframe issue on the 2015 transmission?

Sorry to hear that bud. I thought they solved that issue on the 2015+ trucks.

Have you looked at getting the part used and doing it yourself?

No it's not the electronics that run the transmission. It is a molded plastic frame that holds all the sensors for the transmission and the wiring harness. Everything is internal on the transmission same for 10R80. Everything except the ECU that controls the engine and transmission.

Machinebuilder

I am having the same issue described below. But, as my truck is a 2015 it does not qualify for the recall.

Oh. And I'm being told the part is currently out of stock in the USA. No eta on when the part will be available. So, it could be days, weeks or months.

Consumer Reports only mentions a software upgrade, there was also a failed lead frame portion to the recall.

In January 2019, my 2011 F150 had this repair done.

I was going down the road and it felt like I hit a big bump (I was in a construction zone). the big Wrench came on in the display and it went into Limp mode.

Fortunately I was about 1/2 mi from a dealer, and they diagnosed it and got me a rental car pretty quickly. I was told it is a wiring harness that is underneath the Valve body the insulation on the wires fails.
The transmission didn't need to be pulled, just the pan dropped.

It was covered completely (rental car included) by the extended warranty in the recall.

I wish you luck in getting it repaired.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Consumer Reports only mentions a software upgrade, there was also a failed lead frame portion to the recall.

In January 2019, my 2011 F150 had this repair done.

I was going down the road and it felt like I hit a big bump (I was in a construction zone). the big Wrench came on in the display and it went into Limp mode.

Fortunately I was about 1/2 mi from a dealer, and they diagnosed it and got me a rental car pretty quickly. I was told it is a wiring harness that is underneath the Valve body the insulation on the wires fails.
The transmission didn't need to be pulled, just the pan dropped.

It was covered completely (rental car included) by the extended warranty in the recall.

I wish you luck in getting it repaired.
It's getting repaired now. The dealer found the part. No relief from Ford Canada on resolving this known issue. Not very impressed with Ford customer retention at the moment.

phsycle

Adventurer
It's getting repaired now. The dealer found the part. No relief from Ford Canada on resolving this known issue. Not very impressed with Ford customer retention at the moment.

How many miles on your truck?

That’s unfortunate. Always a luck of the draw though. I have family members with earlier than expected issues on GMC and Toyota trucks.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
No it's not the electronics that run the transmission. It is a molded plastic frame that holds all the sensors for the transmission and the wiring harness. Everything is internal on the transmission same for 10R80. Everything except the ECU that controls the engine and transmission.
It's not electronics that operate the trans? A molded plastic frame with sensors and an ECU that controls the engine and transmission?

ECU was inside the tranny on the early pre2011 ZF 6 speed model and controlled only the tranny. When Ford brought out their version 6R80 the ecu is outside the transmission and also controls the engine. On 2011 and later models the lead frame only contains sensors, connectors for the solenoids in the valve body, and the bulkhead connector to go thru the case.
Sounds like the dealer replaced the lead frame and valve body.

Speedy1210

Had a rough downshift in 4th on my 2012 annoyed the dealer enough about it and had them tear apart the transmission before my warranty went out. The wear parts were out of spec enough to make Ford give me a full rebuild at 80k miles under the extended warranty I bought. After the rebuild I still have the rough downshift but no other issues at 125k miles currently

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
How many miles on your truck?

That’s unfortunate. Always a luck of the draw though. I have family members with earlier than expected issues on GMC and Toyota trucks.
Yup. Very true.

Truck has 150,000 kms / 93,000 miles. Stuff breaks. I get that.

What annoys me is Ford has an issue with this part on this transmission and didn't extend the recall of 1.3 million F150's from 2011-2013 to include all F150's that have the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94