2015 AEV Prospector XL

DMaynes

SEMA 2015 AEV Prospector XL for sale

This rig was built in August 2015 for the November 2015 SEMA show. Here is an amazing link to a review of the actual Prospector XL that I own:
https://expeditionportal.com/featured-vehicle-american-expedition-vehicles-ram-prospector/

This one was the 7th Prospector XL they’d built and it’s serial number is actually #007. After the SEMA show they began driving it and used it for a lot of promotional shoots and test runs for reviews by Overland Journal, Expedition Portal and similar publications to promote sales. In May, they took the truck to the Arctic for a 6,000 mile adventure/photo shoot you can see that here:

Price: $79,911
Mileage: ~ 49,000 (10,000 added by myself, ~10,000 from previous owner, original mileage to ~29,000 by AEV)

Prior to me picking up the vehicle in Missoula from the owner/founder of AEV, the AEV team completed comprehensive services. The $7k+ work included items such as:
  • New Toyo Open Country M/T Tires
  • New Bilstein shocks
  • New ball joints (upper/lower)
  • New Timken Bearing/Race
  • Fluids, filters, etc
Additionally, the AEV team installed some new enhancements ($5k+):

In addition to nearly every XL option available, https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/prospector-xl/ , some additional accessories include but aren’t limited to:
  • ARB Recovery kit
  • 6” drop hitch
  • Husky floor mats
  • Marathon seat covers over fabric interior (AEV can add leather if you wish)
  • LED headlights (Diode Dynamics)
One of the stand-out items of this rig is the Prairie Pearl color, it was discontinued in 2016 and was one of the main reasons I purchased it. It just has an amazing aesthetic. I’m certain the folks at AEV can answer questions for you in detail if necessary, as this was indeed one of their precious early builds. There is well over $100k in the truck and could not be replicated easily. The level of optioning, and one-off custom parts (e.g. bed rack), will not be found at an authorized AEV dealer.

I you have genuine interest, I would be delighted to chat with you further, and help in any way I can. I’m not interested in trades or haggling.
Thanks kindly for your interest.

If

MTSN

Explorer
I believe I saw this truck at a Denver AEV shop in late summer 2015, and they said it was one of the first. Very impressive and imposing truck in person.

Bho4779

Awesome! If you are interested in selling just the Shawdow Awning let me know. I'm local in the Bay...just up the Peninsula. Thank you and good luck with the sale.

DMaynes

What front bumper is that?
AEV...from their site:
HD FRONT BUMPER: Made from stamped 4mm steel for the optimal combination of strength and weight-savings. The Prospector Premium Front Bumper is engineered to retain OE airflow characteristics for proper engine cooling. A new intercooler shroud is included for diesel applications. Ductile-iron tow loops double as Hi-Lift jack points and wear plates. The bumper includes mounts for an optional Warn 16.5ti winch and of Vision-X LED lighting.

DMaynes

Leather interior?? Seats heated??
Cloth interior with Marathon seat covers throughout. Considered leather, but the thought process was as a true overlander, (and the extreme temps it has been exposed to) breathability, and ease of cleaning was the priority. As I’m sure you know, AEV can upgrade to leather if you wish. Yes on seat heaters and steering wheel heater.

DMaynes

Well...they’re clearly not dust proof, but storage flexibility for recovery kit, compressor, tools, etc. is fantastic. Thanks for the kind words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior