SOLD: 2015 AEV Prospector Crew Cab, Excellent Condition, Low Miles, Lots of Extras (PRICE LOWERED on 22 October 2023)

SOLD / SOLD: Up for sale is a fully badged and outfitted 2015 AEV Prospector RAM 2500 Crew Cab 6.4 Hemi with low mileage and many extras added to it that make it a truly one-of-a-kind vehicle and ready for any overlanding adventure you want to go on! Please check out the photos and read on to learn more about this awesome vehicle and what is being offered with it.

First off, this truck is in excellent condition overall and has only 59000 miles on it - that’s less than 7500 miles per year and well under the national annual mileage average. This truck was primarily used as my daily driver for a couple of years and then after I got a commuter car, it was driven a lot less frequently, usually just on weekends and occasional road trips for family excursions to the mountains of NC. It was taken on a couple of trails to some campgrounds but was never ran hard off-road. The frame and body are straight and free of damage of any sort (i.e. no pin-striping, rock rash, etc.) - see photos.

Next, I bought this truck from Cross Ford in Louisville, KY who had received it direct from AEV. This is one of the very first Prospectors AEV made when they debuted in 2015 (i.e. Number 5 off the line) and was used as demo vehicle for car shows and marketing by the company before they shipped it to Cross to sell.

Provided in the photos is the AEV RAM sticker and option list with all the AEV upgrades for the truck when it was new (Original Total Cost: $74,000-plus):

On top of all this, the truck comes with the following upgrades that I put on it over the last 3 years to make it a fully-capable/turn-key overlanding rig that will take you anywhere you want to go (and back). For reference, I have included the retail cost I paid for each item.

Yakima OutPost HD System Truck Bed Rack: $899

Yakima Side Rails: $269

Yakima 68” HD Cross Bars: $319

Yakima Eyelets: $58

Yakima Retrax Tonneau Rail Adapters: $130

Yakima LockNLoad Roof Platform: $879

Yakima 60” HD Cross Bars, Roof Clamps,Towers, and Adapters: $786

Yakima LockNLoad 2 Side Rail Kit $129

Yakima Recovery Track Board Mounts: $119

Retrax PRO-XR Aluminum Locking/High Security Tonneau Cover (https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr): $2,199

OEM Factory Ram 2500 3500 HD 4SP GPS Navigation 8.4 inch Screen RA4 NAV Radio Upgrade (3D NAV, HD Radio, Sirius Travel/Traffic) from Infotainment.com (https://infotainment.com/shop/interi...-radio-upgrade): $1,599

Expedition Essentials RAMPAM Center Dashboard Rail Accessory Mount for cell phones, iPADs, GPS, etc. (https://expeditionessentials.com/col...y-mount-rampam): $225

The grand total for all the above add-ons to the truck is almost $8,000 not including the shipping and installation charges for them.

So why am I selling my Prospector? I really love this truck but priorities have changed in my family and we recently purchased a new Bronco for our outdoor travels. As such, it’s time for this vehicle to move on to a new owner who will appreciate and use it for its intended purpose. My loss will definitely be your gain if you choose to buy it.

I have the vehicle’s title in hand for a very quick and easy transfer of ownership. Local pick-up is preferred but I am willing to drive the vehicle out to its new owner anywhere within 200 miles of Raleigh, NC. It will be fully cleaned and detailed prior to delivery/pick-up.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have. I can provide additional photos of the vehicle interior, etc. upon request; I was limited to posting just 5 photos in this listing. Have a good one!

Image 1.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image 3.jpg
Image 4.jpg
Sticker.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles