2015-A Year of Exploration...

mph

Expedition Leader
I always appreciate Kurt, Crusieroutfitters posting his pictures and narrative on his yearly travels. It makes me look back on what I did, what I experienced, and the friendships that grew over the past year. 2015 will be remembered as a warm one. The winter of 2015 didn't really happen in the mountains of Utah, so travel took us places that we were lucky enough to experience in January and February.

January brought us to the Bluff, Utah Balloon Festival. I had always heard about it. But, with warm temperatures forecasted; we had to make it happen! We were not disappointed.

Saturday night's festivities...
pict2.jpg

Sunday morning was the fly over the Valley of the Gods. Epic! A balloon landed next to us and asked if we want to go up. Ahhh...Yes! A ride that we will never forget. Our balloon is casting the shadow over the desert.
pic1.jpg

These two yahoos are usually with me...We love the ruins of Cedar Mesa, so after the Balloon Fest; we went exploring.
pict3.jpg

If you get the chance, explore the beauty and wonders of Cedar Mesa!
pict4.jpg

February was crazy warm! We spent 9 days exploring the Arizona Strip, Vermillion Cliffs, and the Grand Staircase with our good friends Shane Knight and his son, Austin. Just wild, remote country. Country of beauty and awe.

Tuweep/Toroweap is simply stunning!
pict6.jpg

One of my favorite shots of the year...
pict5.jpg

We won the lottery...the Wave!
pict7.jpg

pict8.jpg

The weather was just ridiculous. 79 degrees at Tuweep/Toroweap. Shorts for 9 straight days!

pict9.jpg

A road I nicknamed, Candyland...

pict10.jpg

More to come...Make sure you look through your pictures and post your good times:)

mph

Expedition Leader
April found us back in the deserts of Utah. We spent 9 days exploring. The weather held out and it was just a fabulous trip!

We were looking for ruins and we found plenty...

DSC_0253.jpg

The Easter Bunny even found us out in the wilds of Utah.

DSC_0090.jpg

The roads were in great shape...we just explored!

DSC_0551.jpg

If you get the chance, jump a rope...Lilly in her element.

DSC_0574.jpg

Louise and Lilly enjoying the battle. The game lasted for over an hour. It was called due to darkness!

pict13.jpg

Memorial Day found us on the outskirts of Moab in the Canyonlands area. Moab was the busiest I have ever seen it. However, we didn't see to many people...

IMG_2810.jpg

The crowds didn't seem to find us as well.

DSC_0608.jpg

We did run into a few cute souls...These kit foxes enjoying the rays of sun!

DSC_0705.jpg

More to come...June was crazy, fun busy!

mph

Expedition Leader
June was busy...Louise and Lilly went to Florida to visit Louise's mother. I had 2 weeks to play. It has been my "June Ritual" the last few years. Get a few friends and rally south. Explore...This year, I had my friends Sam, Barb, and David along. We did some canyoneering, backpacking, hiking, and bike riding. We faced epic weather--flash floods, lighting, etc. But, what a grand trip...

Utah has its share of big views!

DSC_0507.jpg

Really didn't see a soul on our 14 days of travel. Some 300 miles of dirt. June, too hot? I think not!

june3.jpg

Yes, Utah is full of vehicle access backcountry...But, if you get the chance; overland on foot. Take a walk in a canyon. You won't be disappointed. Barb and Dave enjoying the day.

DSC_0354.jpg

Barb driving the canyons after a flash flood. I think we all were a little relieved.

DSC_0539.jpg

Sam and Barb feeling the love in the backcountry of the Grand Staircase. Such stellar scenery...The canyons are enchanting and engaging!

june10.jpg

The weather was just epic!

IMG_3309.jpg

The vastness of the land is awesome.

june11.jpg

After I made my way back to Park City, I had to rally east to the mountains of Colorado to visit mom. Lilly and I took off for a little Daddy, Daughter trip. Colorado is such a grand state. We spent 9 days exploring the backcountry of this mountainous state. Daddy-Daughter trips are just epic!

Beauty...

DSC_0081.jpg

Made our way up to the Alpine Tunnel. I would highly recommend it if you are in the area...

DSC_0098 2.jpg

All aboard...Lilly and I rafted the Arkansas River. What a gas!

GOPR0061.jpg

More to come...The Wilds of Wyoming...

Last edited:

mph

Expedition Leader
In July, we rallied over to Wyoming for 7 days of exploring and fly fishing. We explored the areas around South Pass City, Lander, and the Wind River Range Mountains. Wyoming is a state on such a grand scale. Few people and plenty of places to see and things to do...

The girls eyeing the fish...

DSC_0006.jpg

Our first night was spectacular. We had found the Oregon/Mormon Trail. I wonder if the Pioneer's enjoyed sunsets like this...

DSC_0034.jpg

Off to South Pass City and the mining relics of days passed.

DSC_0367.jpg

We followed the Oregon/Mormon trail to some secluded waters to fish.

DSC_0423.jpg

Louise used to be a guide. I have no idea what I am doing but we caught fish!

DSC_0432.jpg

The girls having fun.

DSC_0544.jpg

Oh Wyoming...

DSC_0614.jpg

September was quickly upon us and we decided to head up to the Grey's River with some friends. What a weekend...

Lilly and Abby making it across the outlet stream. The simple joys of jumping across a log.

DSC_0131.jpg

It was our own private sanctuary.

DSC_0219.jpg

Louise in her element. Ready for the big one!

DSC_0234.jpg

Fall is in the area...The desert calls:) More to come...

mph

Expedition Leader
Fall is the desert is my favorite! So, I watched the temperatures and planned a getaway. My neighbor, Tyson, had really not explored the desert and wanted to know how we spend so many days down in canyon country. I decided to show him...

Solitude!

DSC_0369.jpg

Always fun to ride a bike:)

IMG_8361.jpg

Arches from a fairly new perspective!

IMG_4743.jpg

A few weeks later, Tyson was all amped about the desert and jumped at our 4 day trip planned in the Maze of Canyonlands. My good friend, Dave, joined us as well. The weather was grand!

Dave "promoting" his business:)

DSC_0147.jpg

We found some goods...

DSC_0265.jpg

Lilly enjoying her first tarantula.

DSC_0287.jpg

It was early November, would the desert allow us one more adventure? More to come...

mph

Expedition Leader
Now, it's early November and the temperatures have cooled. However, the daytime temperatures looked to be perfect. I called Tyson and asked if he wanted to go on one more desert jaunt. "I'm in!" Off to Robber's Roost we went...

Getting the ropes ready...

untitled-1134.jpg
Photo: Tyson Smith

As Tyson said, "I just love to hang on some ropes!"

untitled-1169.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg
Photos: Tyson Smith

The final campfire of 2015.

untitled-0995.jpg

Photo: Tyson Smith

Thanks Kurt for reminding me to stop and "smell the roses". It was a blast to go through my photos once again. Hope 2016 is just as fun...Health and Happiness to all. May 2016 fill you with whatever you might desire and enjoy! Cheers...

upndown

Adventurer
That's what it's all about right there! Beautiful photos Tyson. Thank you for sharing!!
Also a big thanks to everyone sharing their 2015 pics! :coffeedrink:

mph

Expedition Leader
What a fantastic year Mike, thanks for sharing! :cool:

Thanks Kurt! Happy 2016!

Linked your year a few other folks 2015 review here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/152407-My-2015-in-pictures-Share-yours-too!

Thanks...I enjoyed your post as well! Happy 2016

That's what it's all about right there! Beautiful photos Tyson. Thank you for sharing!!
Also a big thanks to everyone sharing their 2015 pics! :coffeedrink:

Appreciate the kind words...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94