2014's "Husqvarna" enduros.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
this is where things get interesting,, we know its pretty much a ktm, but how much? it has linkage and a few other tweaks, wonder if they'll do a 650cc class bike? like something to take over for the 640adv since the 690 didnt.

Clutch

<---Pass
A lot more pictures on the Husqvarna FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/Husqvarna.Motorcycles.International?fref=ts

Plus some info on the MX bikes on TransWorld

http://motocross.transworld.net/100...um=rss&utm_campaign=husqvarna-is-back-in-2014

Not sure about a 650 class (would be nice), I did hear a "rumor" of yes there will be...we all know how that goes. ;)

There are some grumblings from the Husky diehards, that is just a white KTM, with Husaberg plastics, and Husqvarna logos.

Knowing Husqvarna's, Husaberg, & KTM's history, I feel it is coming full circle, or maybe 270º. :D If Husky built a 125 like Penton wanted way back when,
there may of not been the KTM as we know it today.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I'm not a brand loyal guy, but it's like Ford buying Chevy and putting Chevy Camaro badges on a Mustang. I've rode a few KTM's and the ergonomics don't suit me at all. I like the feel of my WR300. Is it perfect? Not at all, but it does everything I need it to do. If I had the cash, I'd pick up one of the last Husky 300's since they are blowing them out and put it in storage till I wear out my current one. http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...duro-Two-Stroke-FACTORY-CLEARANCE!!-111010063

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i dont think its like that at all,,,, a better analogy would be like chevy buying ford pre raptor, then making the raptor in fords plant.

did you ever ride a 70* berg? they were made under KTM ownership but they were most definately not a KTM.

i know theres a lot of KTM in it, but i bet its still a husky, with some good tweaks. i mean the linkage rear end should tell you that.

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm not a brand loyal guy, but it's like Ford buying Chevy and putting Chevy Camaro badges on a Mustang. I've rode a few KTM's and the ergonomics don't suit me at all. I like the feel of my WR300. Is it perfect? Not at all, but it does everything I need it to do. If I had the cash, I'd pick up one of the last Husky 300's since they are blowing them out and put it in storage till I wear out my current one. http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...duro-Two-Stroke-FACTORY-CLEARANCE!!-111010063

If you follow the history there is quite a bit of Husky DNA in the KTM's, if Husky built a 125 like Penton wanted, KTM might not be where they are today...KTM at that time was a bicycle/moped manufacture.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=84

When Cagiva bought Husky, and some Swedish disgruntal engineers stayed in Sweden to form Husaberg where KTM used the Berg technology for their first 4-Strokes.
That Husky DNA...KTM simply refined it, evolved it if you will. I view it as paying homage to their roots. KTM will do the brand good, imo. While it is a totally different
company, a Husky dirt bike will look good next to my Husqvarna power tools...of course the power tools are orange like KTM's...go figure! :p

Everyone is different, I don't care for the Italian Husqvarna ergonomics, but I am short, only 5'8"....those Huskys are a bit tall for me, where as the KTM's fit me perfect...actually my Gas Gas is a little better, but there are some fit finish things that drives me nuts...like the chain blocks are a hassle, air filter access is cumbersome, and no captured fasteners on the frame...I got spoiled with the KTM's... feel I took a couple steps back buying a Gasser, in the refinement department...still a great bike though.

Last edited:

gabepari

Explorer
I'm really "bothered" by the trend of moving away from a kickstart backup... E-start is awesome! when it works... Just got back from 4 days in the desert, the last two days I relied on the kicker after the magic smoke escaped from my starter. My ride would have been done without a kickstart backup...

The new lineup looks sexy, can't wait to see them in person!

Gabe

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm really "bothered" by the trend of moving away from a kickstart backup... E-start is awesome! when it works... Just got back from 4 days in the desert, the last two days I relied on the kicker after the magic smoke escaped from my starter. My ride would have been done without a kickstart backup...

Gabe

The KTM 505 I had was e-only, never again...I tell myself.

My buddy's Husky (e-only) 511 started at his house, died at the trail-head...then click click click...lucky for him we were close to his house, his wife brought
him his spare bike...ruined day averted. ;)

There are provisions on the new Huskys for a kickstarter if you look close, you have to add it though (kinda lame)

1380136_673800419304340_1638207768_n.jpg

Last edited:

daveyboy

Adventurer

Gabe

I agree. Even worse is the lack of pull start on a fourwheeler. I can (and have) push started a dirtbike when the battery went TU. We got a dump of snow the other day and had to plow my driveway--the pull start on my fourwheeler saved the day.

I haven't done any research, but can a fuel injected bike/quad have anything but e-start?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles