2014+ Tundra full coverage front bumpers?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If you can weld, they are great value too. As much as I want an ARB, I’m betting it will prove difficult to get one.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
If you can get your hands on an ARB, its money well spent.
They are hands down one of the very best out there.

Ive got an ARB modular on my Superduty. Wasnt really shopping for ARB specifically, it just popped up in the local classifieds and I snagged it.
Iv never been too thrilled about the looks (its massive) but its growing on me. The protection is real though, and for me is everything.
Just one solid hit with an elk or moose, it has the potential to pay for itself.
And they are lighter than they look. As I recall, the bumper itself was just 80# or so heavier than stock.
Once the winch went on.... the weight difference was considerable.

52457401418_a616364c82_b.jpg

NVLOC

Observer
In this case i think that less weight is less protection. The coastal offroad is designed for looks and clearance, not to deflect an animal
on impact like the ARB. You are looking at near OEM quality for the ARB and with a company with years under their belts and teams of engineers who specialize in preserving vehicle safety standards/functions while providing a functional winch mounting point, improved clearance over stock, and proven protection from animal strikes. Coastal offroad isn't in the same segment of the bumper market.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
No, they are definitely not the same. ARB is still, and always has been my preference, but I’m looking to see what other options there are.

rruff

Explorer
In this case i think that less weight is less protection. The coastal offroad is designed for looks and clearance, not to deflect an animal

Like I mentioned earlier, there are tradeoffs. If there is a hard impact, an extra stout bumper will result in a bent frame (how many $$$ to fix that?) and greater occupant G-force.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Got my dealer to do a quote on the bumper parts I will need so I can start prepping the insurance company for a rep bumper. Before labor and paint, I’m at $3001.59 so I figure it’s got to be $4,000 all done. ARB is $2,300 from some sources, so I’m optimistic.

JackW

Explorer
My sister is looking for a winch bumper for her 2014 Tundra and the Dobinson is looking pretty good - a bit lighter than an ARB but tested and air bag compatible. The USA distributor is in Florida.

The ARB is available through 4 Wheel Parts but the cost of the bumper, a Smittybuilt 12K winch and installation is approaching $5000. She thinks the Dobinson with winch and installation is going to cost around $4,000.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’ll have a look. I didn’t know Dobinson did bumpers.

Edit: The Dobinson looks almost identical to the ARB, but after shipping is actually $100 more than the ARB. I guess it will come down to availability if I go that route.1CD5C4C5-CD2C-4F11-B08A-8B8E980DA301.jpegB297C24A-1CD6-42DA-9D4D-3B8622B4871B.jpeg

Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I've had ARB front on several vehicles and one on the Tundra. I took a decent hit on it from someone turning across a few lanes in to me, and it barely scratched the ARB, but opened their vehicle up like a tin of fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles