2014 Super singles

rockland213

ATW says super singles are on back order for 8 weeks . I have found a company that will make them for me, but I must confirm the backspacing before I have them start .
I have not been able to find much info on the backspacing for flip/flop wheels
I’d did find this drawing that i took a picture of with my phone
my question is if this is correct for a 2014
2748FDB6-508F-4339-A960-51BE07E64905.jpeg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Well, the thread you took that image from seemed to cover the subject quite well, I thought.
Given that pugslyyy took these measurements off his own ATW steel rims, I have no reason to question that they are correct.

Will these rims fit a 2014... as far as I know, the answer is yes, as I believe there has been no change in dimensions for the 6 hole Fuso wheels since their introduction.
You could easily confirm this by talking to either ATW or Earthcruiser.

For future reference, it would have probably been better to ask this question in the original thread.

Last edited:

BigSkyBrad

Back-space is only relevant if your rim's width is identical to the one that the measurements have been taken from. Offset is a better measurement to use, as it is taken from the centre of the rim/tyre -- regardless of the width of a rim, the centre line is always in the centre. When I had my wheels made, I mis-calculated because I forgot about the thickness of the mounting plate when wheels are flopped for the rear. I asked for the offset to be +90, which resulted in a 10mm different in track from front to rear - it should have been +85. From memory, OEM is around +130.

Can anyone out there concur my offset figure? (so that I don't sound like I'm talking through the hole in my a__!)

billiebob

Back-space is only relevant if your rim's width is identical to the one that the measurements have been taken from. Offset is a better measurement to use, as it is taken from the centre of the rim/tyre -- regardless of the width of a rim, the centre line is always in the centre. When I had my wheels made, I mis-calculated because I forgot about the thickness of the mounting plate when wheels are flopped for the rear. I asked for the offset to be +90, which resulted in a 10mm different in track from front to rear - it should have been +85. From memory, OEM is around +130.

Can anyone out there concur my offset figure? (so that I don't sound like I'm talking through the hole in my a__!)
I always use backspace since it never changes with a wider rim and most often backspace is what determines clearances. With a wider rim, you are only moving outside of the tire/rim, the inside clearances remain constant.

rockland213

I did some figuring on autoCad 10.250 vs 11 inch rim with 1/2 inch plate . I talked with two wheel builders and both said they don’t do dished centers. One said the least amount of back spacing he would be able to do was 3inch and the other said he can build them but they are 20 inch rims . He also said it would be 6 weeks before I could get them, with that being said I may just wait till the imported ones are available.
I 80E020CB-7C6E-490F-8212-389C8C1EBDD0.jpeg

BigSkyBrad

With a wider rim, you are only moving outside of the tire/rim, the inside clearances remain constant.

That is correct, things like steering knuckles etc dictate backspace. However, one of the main reasons for changing from duals to singles is to get the front and rear track the same so that the rears are running in the compacted tracks of the front wheels. Just remember that the further outboard the wide front rims are for component clearance, the further inboard the flipped rears will be. She'll be 'all t*ts, no a*s'!

If extra wide rims are desired while still maintaining the same track front and rear, have a different offset for the rears and carry two spares - one for the front and one for the rear. In an emergency (two flat rears) a front spare will fit the rear (but a rear won't fit the front).

rockland213

I have the 16.5 ft aluminum flatbed and headache rack for sale or trade for a set of super singles and decent tires if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 3108D91D-2322-4D4A-B617-072153D362ED.jpeg
    3108D91D-2322-4D4A-B617-072153D362ED.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 34

Hodor

I have an email from August where they told me they don't open to import any more accessories for the fusos due to mitsubishi pulling out of usa.

SuperVan

Forager
Ah.
I think they used the 19” wheels. Most popular are the 17”
Not sure what else they imported. Maybe parabolics.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I think they used the 19” wheels. Most popular are the 17”
ATW sell both these days.
The 19.5" you can get in steel or alloy, but the 17" only come in steel.
Easy to get here in Australia, but I don't know how you source them in the US, if Sportsmobile/ATW USA is no longer bringing them in.

Last edited:

Decanter

Adventurer
ATW says super singles are on back order for 8 weeks . I have found a company that will make them for me, but I must confirm the backspacing before I have them start .
I’d did find this drawing that i took a picture of with my phone
my question is if this is correct for a 2014

Are you looking for a 19.5” or 17” wheel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online