2014 Sierra 1500 OVRLND camper

DBNeuhaus

There’s pics of how I mounted the tracks further back in the thread. But yes it’s just standard L track. Then used l track stud fittings to attach to 1/8” x 2” aluminum bar. It was kinda weird getting em lined up since the L track holes are 17” on center and the rotopax are 17 3/4”. They’re a bit crooked and I could trim the aluminum bars a bit but I have bigger projects to deal with.View attachment 584172View attachment 584173View attachment 584174
Thanks a bunch. I've used L track before but only for tie down points and honestly wasn't even aware of the stud mounting options until I started looking after your earlier post. Awesome. thanks

Wrathchild

Maintenance day. Replaced both upper ball joints and outer tie rod ends. I love how easy it is to replace these bolt in ball joints!

just a couple odds n ends then we’re ready to hit the road back to AK.
ECECEEA0-C206-4C28-8E29-B4FA8F1E5F0F.jpeg

Wrathchild

I had about 15k on em. They were both good still, but the upper left boot had separated a while ago and wouldn’t hold all it’s grease. I tend to do “while I’m in here” maintenance. So just went ahead and did both sides.

Wrathchild

@MattF350 We’re super happy with it! It’s perfect for what we wanted and what the truck could handle. It’s been a huge amount of work getting it to this point. But that’s the great thing, you can build whatever the heck you want in there.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I’m really liking the wall covering. You’ve done great work. These campers are very attractive. Not just aesthetics, but they seem so solid and lasting. Those welds...so nice!

Wrathchild

We didn’t want to deal with dumping a waste tank or the associated smell. Easily portable/switchable to a future platform. Can even still use it without having to pop the top.

Wrathchild

Got out yesterday for some fishing with a plan to access some BLM in the Berryessa monument outside of Winters, CA. My maps show a county road turning into what appeared to be a FS road. We encountered a gate... some folks that were working a tower came down the road and through the gate. They mentioned a BLM gate at the top.

I put a call in to Yolo county sheriff, and their map had the end of the county road labeled as a “driveway”. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is an illegally gated easement.
Have an email into the monument manager and hoping to get some better info.

Wrathchild

Do you have any photos of how you mounted the the Wilco tire carrier?
We’re on the road right now, but I’ll try and get some close up pics. I basically just used large riv-nuts and the supplied hardware in the forward bed rail. The tire touches the bed floor so it’s supported on both sides.

Wrathchild

First OVRLND in AK? Crossed the border at 6 am. This is our third time doing the drive and although the scenery was amazing as always it was not a terribly fun trip given travel restrictions and what not. We grinded through BC and Yukon in 4 days. Very glad that we’re 100% self contained. And that Wrappon toilet is about the best damn thing ever created!8B6C7676-2E84-4DBA-B15E-81DF3277E6EA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz