2014 Range Rover Supercharged offload friendly mods?

elephant man

The L405 is amaisingly capable offroad.
All you need is good tires, under armour and some practice to know the limits. Rear and center lockers, Terrain response and instant lift goes a long way.
The L322 is my favorite, right after the LR3.
Being a unibody actualy makes it easier to make sliders for it.
Just attach it to the front and rear jacking points and the seam along the side under the doors.
I don't see a point in lifting, unless it's to make room for bigger tires. It's missing the whole point of the vehile- total versatility. Acces hight for carving canyon roads, offroad hight for offroading and normal for everything else.
It is truly amasing the way it can adapt.

Last edited:

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
L322 doesn't have sub-frame components like the LR and RRS series. It's a pure unibody. At this point, sliders aren't "going to get figured out". The L322 platform is 15 years old (first rig was an 2003) and not a single 3rd party bumper, slider, or recovery mounts have been released for it.
Hi 99D,
Actually, the L322 has very similar subframes to the L494. And I am reasonably sure that this guy did a similar style lift (if he didn't, he's got absolutely no droop left in the suspension. I run 32" tires with a SW lift and even there I notice the reduced droop in front):
b~4.png

I love my L322 and think everyone should own one. They are AMAZING at chewing up corrugated trails. It's awesome within it's constraints, but they don't take to modifications well at all, even compared to the LR3/LR4/RRS. You have the Johnson Rods and a software lift: that's about it.
LOL I agree with both of these statements wholeheartedly. Six years after the launch of the L405 I still consider the L322 to be one of the finest cars LR ever built. There are bits and pieces for off-road use here and there, but by and large the Range Rover has been ignored by the off-road crowd. And I really don't understand this, because it is one of the most capable off-road vehicles out there - and the earlier ones are inexpensive (and reliability is not as big an issue as many make it out to be).

Sorry for the very late reply, btw.

naks

Does anyone know of any aftermarket replacement bumpers, managed to crack mine while surfing the dunes last weekend...

CLRC Atlantis Dunes Outing069.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier