2014 Ram Power Wagon production starts on 07 April 14

Halligan

Adventurer
That's great. I was bummed when someone here started the rumor they were no longer going to be made. My next truck may be a Power Wagon.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
That would be cool... I talked to an engineer with Dodge / Ram a few weeks back at a trade show in Vegas and he said no power wagon at least for this year. His job was primarily the 1500 pick ups, so maybe he wasn't correct?

Advanture

I've been checking the Ram website about once a week to see if the 2014 Power Wagon was listed as available since about November 2013 when the 2013 Power Wagon was taken off of the website. The early press reviews for the Power Wagon (going back to June--October 2013 using pre-production models) all said it would come stock with the new 6.4 Hemi (with the ability to switch off cylinders as a fuel saving measure when the full 410 hp wasn't needed). On the Ram website it had an update/new version of the site and finally listed the Power Wagon in just the last week or so. There was no mention of the 6.4 for the Power Wagon it said the only power train available for it was the 5.7 Hemi (it is listed as available in other 2500 & 3500 series trucks). I had to revise this post because when I went to look at the website to get a link to confirm what I was saying here--the website has switched back to the older version that no longer even shows the Power Wagon as an option again! I'm wondering what the problem is? There must be some issue in production? To me the Power Wagon is the flagship of the entire RAM pick up line up. Why delay its availability for months compared to all the other 2014s that were available fall 2013, then only offer the older engine, and not offer the air bag option that is available for the more plain Jane pick ups?

Last edited:

LimaMikeMike

Observer
you can build a Laramie PW on ram.ca

order pkg 22J -6.4 MDS, 66rfe, 4:10 gears, smartbar, 11.5 rear axle, manual shift transfercase-NO CAD. 17" wheels with 285 GY duratracs. Air suspension not available.
the PW option is hidden in the screen where you select the engines. look for the 6.4 with 4:10 gears. It doesn't expressly call it a powerwagon, seems to be only the laramies for now.

If you don't want the leather and nav etc, I'm assuming the the SLT and ST versions will be mechanically similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94